Prêt-à-Porter: Brush Collection price breakdown

mima

hi guys, i added up the price of each brush in the set manually (for canadian girls) and it comes to exactly $260! so essentially you're paying the same price for all of them as you would if you bought them individually but you're getting the satin brush roll for free. just FYI

from the canadian website:

Online Exclusive: A black satin brush roll appliquéd with black beads and beautiful velvet fasten. Elegantly hosts a collection of eight essential brushes. For the face: the 129 Powder/Blush, 187 Duo-Fibre Face and 190 Foundation. For the eyes: the 213 Fluff, 219 Pencil, 224 Tapered Blending and 266 Small Angle. For the lips: the 316 retractable Lip Brush.
CA$260.00

Kim.

Here's the picture

M77C01_261.jpg

MACGoddess

Yeah, but the fact that you are getting a $45 brush roll for free makes it more than worth it IMO... especially since it is jewelled and super cute and LE.

mrstucker

At first I was excited about getting this, thinking it was a great deal, but if I can't use my discount, then I think I'll pass, and just get the smaller sets to buy as gifts.

MAC_Pixie04

are they full sized brushes? cuz that brush roll does make them worth it. i was gonna get the mini brush set with the 187, but i'd rather get that one lol

lia_matos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
are they full sized brushes? cuz that brush roll does make them worth it. i was gonna get the mini brush set with the 187, but i'd rather get that one lol

Yes , they are (at least that's what i read here, and i imagine that's true, because of the price)

MiCHiE

Yes, they're full-size. But, I'm with mrstucker, I won't purchase without a discount. Are these available only thru MAC?

MAC_Pixie04

lame! well, i already have 4 of the brushes, so I guess I' need to stop being cheap and just get a 187 and a 129 lol

katie_070405

I was wondering about the 316 retractable brush......because it isn't retractable, the 318 is.....anyway, I just got off live chat with vanessa and she confirmed that it was a missprint and it will actually be the 318 brush included in this collection not the 316. I just thought you guys would like to know.

KJam

Quote:
Originally Posted by .VivaDiva.
So you can't purchase without a discount then? Is that for sure?

Sad but true, according to the pro site

mrstucker

Well, since it's already sold out, I don't have to worry about being 'tempted' to buy this, even though there is no discount. I did cave in, and buy the face and eye sets, though!

.VivaDiva.

*PRET-A-PORTER INFO*

Ok there is a misprint online ladies. they haven't actually released the set yet but there is VERY VERY little of these avaliable just so you know.

~VD

little teaser

the brush roll is cute although i have most of them it wouldnt hurt to have two right??? i did how ever buy the eye set today and still trying to decide which one's im getting next suggestions please thanks..

.VivaDiva.

^ I need help too. I don't know what to get. I feel silly buying both the eye set, face set AND pret-a-porter. The truth is I'm probably only buying the PaP for the brush roll which is silly because there will be a new classics brush roll out next month. And then there is the couture stuff. Sigh

Gee why MAC! I haven't bought any LE ALL YEAR and now all of collection's that I actually like are coming out around the same time.

~VD

Latest posts