Practicing Wedding Makeup!

rcastel10

I'm getting married in two weeks so I'm practicing my makeup. Which do you like better? I did a different look for each eye. What do you guys think? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, do you think I should just go the safe way and have it professionally done?
smiles.gif

DSC01559.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

Excuse the lashes. My mascara was kind of dry.
th_confused_new.gif

Shimmer

Your makeup looks gorgeous...no mistake about that, but my advice is that you do yourself a favor and have it done professionally so you don't have to worry about that on top of everything else.
smiles.gif

BlahWah

I'd choose the left one because it's warmer, more summery.. but the right one looks a bit princess-y...?? ... which would look nice with a princess-y dress... sorry, that doesn't sound very coherent... let's stick with the left one and leave it there. =D

But if having it professionally done is an option... so long as you have time to do a trial run, I'd say go for it. Everything went well when I practiced mine but so many ppl were bugging me for things on the morning of I couldn't focus on making myself look good! Shimmer's right, you have enough to worry about. Pamper yourself!

faifai

I think you could definitely do it yourself and not have to worry about the makeup artist not doing exactly what you want. But if you're already stressing about the wedding, then try looking for an MA who is understanding of what you want--it could be one less thing to have to keep track of on top of everything else.

As for the two different eyes, both look great! But we want to see the dress to figure out which matches best! Post dress pics!
smiles.gif

kradge79

Both looks are great, depends on the color of your dress, but I like the left best.

I have to agree with the above posters, and as a bride in 2005, getting your makeup done professionally is a great way to go. If you find a good artist, you won't have to worry about anything and it is fun to be pampered.

d_flawless

i prefer YOUR left eye, because it's more classic and i think the bronzier looks more summery, but they both look HOT
get it done! but if you're like me (control freak!) do it yourself, then you don't have to worry about fixing anything you don't like

aziajs

I like the left eye and I would agree that you should get it done by a pro. One less thing to worry about.

ruhin

I like the right one best, but both are gorgeous. If I were you, I'd have it done professionally if you can find a good MA, just 'cause it's your wedding day.
smiles.gif

BTW, what mascara are you using?

veilchen

Agree with the above, the left is especially pretty!
You did so great that you would look gorgeous if you did it yourself! But as the others say, as the bride you will probably have so many other things to think about that you might want to take this off your mind and get it done by someone else.

And congratulations!!! I'm wishing you all the best!!

Patricia

you definitely have the talent to do it yourself but on a day liek that i think you should get it done by a pro, you'll be wayt oo nervous to be focused on that!

i also prefer the left eye, show it to the MUA so she can recreate it on your big day
smiles.gif

mia88

I love both the looks but it's hard to decide which one is the best cos I dunno what your dress looks like! And also your accessories...are they gonna be sparkley white-ish or silvery? I agree with the other specktra-ettes to have your makeup done professionally if you think you're gonna be stressing a bit on the day of the wedding. But if you don't think you have a lot to do, then just do it yourself cos it's really good!

2_pink

The one on the left is gorgeous. It really makes your eyes look...wow. I would also suggest a subtle blush and subtle pinky peach color for your lips. I didnt know if we were just suppose to look at your eyes or the whole look. But anyways...you could definitely do it yourself =)

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible
I like the warmer left eye best. It really accentuates your eyes.

DITTO

But both are beautious!!!

If you think you'll have time..and not be stressed (not stressed on your Wedding day....what the hell am I thinking
lol.gif
)...anyway...If you think it won't be a big deal, do it....you're def. talented enough (if you looked bad, and didn't have any m/u talent..I'd say get it done professionally..but you look GREAT)...but if you think you need one less thing to worry about (and who doesn't on their Wedding Day)...then go prof!

Oh...I forgot to ask...will it be a day or nightime Wedding?? That'll make a diff. in which look you should choose.

Sushi_Flower

I think it looks great and professional enough as you've done it so unless you want one just to take the stress off then i would reccomend you do it yourself as it looks great. I prefer the warmer left eye aswell, what did you use?

I would prefer a lip that is more medium coloured rather than the light one you've done but that's just my personal preference.

Latest posts