Precious Pearl Palette

swaly

Anyone see this in person? It sounds very lovely...the compact is inlaid with mother-of-pearl, and the formula contains "real crushed pearl."

This is the Sephora page.

P230208_hero.jpg

Ernie

I did see this at Sephora, pretty but I wasn't wowed by it either. I guess I wouldn't use the green and blue shadow enough to warrant buying this.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
Anyone see this in person? It sounds very lovely...the compact is inlaid with mother-of-pearl, and the formula contains "real crushed pearl."

This is the Sephora page.

P230208_hero.jpg

I just picked this up at Sephora. I haven't used it yet, but I like the colors a lot. The lightest pink is similar to Seedy Pearl but with that better, like butter Stila texture. I don't have many mid-tone pinks, and I think the rose color would be great over Artifact Paint Pot, or Crimsonaire/Red Velvet Shadestick to really bring out the color. The green shade is slightly deeper as less golden than Stila's single eye shadow Jade, but I love green so it really doesn't matter. The white shade reminds me of Solar White, but more wearable because it isn't a frost, so it'll be a little more sheer. Solar White looks garish on me. It's also like Ice Gold in the Ben Nye Grand Lumiere palette, but with a better texture as I find White Gold to be gritty and it only works over other shades. Anyway, the indigo shade is divine, and I wish I could buy it as a single.
I had been eyeing the palette for a while because for once Stila didn't release a shadow trio or palette with some god-awful light chalky, semi-matte shade that doesn't suit my skintone OR a blush that's too light as well. The price is a little steep, but I was returning something anyway, so I just used that credit towards this.

swaly

Twinkle_Twinkle, how is the quality of the actual compact itself? Heavy/light, metal/plastic, etc.? I'm really drawn to the compact! It's so pretty! If it's a solidly built product, I think $40 isn't too steep at all.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
Twinkle_Twinkle, how is the quality of the actual compact itself? Heavy/light, metal/plastic, etc.? I'm really drawn to the compact! It's so pretty! If it's a solidly built product, I think $40 isn't too steep at all.

It's metal and it's weighty.

Also, I just did a side by side comparison of Jade to the emerald shade, and Jade is more mossy, while the emerald shade is just that, emerald. It's times like this that I wish I were rich because I'd get a backup for sure. It's just so preeeettttyy!

Licota

Ah, I have almost won an auction on this (ebay), crossing my fingers! Fell in love with the colours at once I saw it.
smiles.gif

Latest posts