pregnant and unhappy

MahalMac

I am almost 5 months pregnant and I feel so empty inside..

I feel like all I have in my life is my unborn child..

I live with my boyfriend/babys father and I feel like we aren't connected anymore.. like we've fallen out of love.. we don't even hangout anymore.. He is always in the other room accross the hall and i am alone in the bedroom all night by myself..

I cry all of the time.. i am just soo unhappy with my life..

i don't know how to be happy anymore.. i really don't know what to do with my life anymore..

CantAffordMAC

I am so sorry you are goiing through this.
th_cheerup.gif

babyjazy21

I'm sorry to hear you are going through some rough times, but try to remember the good things in life like your baby. If you need to vent, remember that your specktra friends are here for ya!
smiles.gif

user79

Have you tried talking to your bf to let him know you are unhappy? Maybe you two can work on it together to make a loving and happy home for your child...

Wish you all the best.

LOCa

I Think You Should Move Out, If You Have A Place To Stay..
Hopefully You Have A Job... ]:

Beauty Mark

Talk to him. It may seem obvious to most people you need his support now more than ever, but many people are just that clueless

rbella

Wow, I'm really sorry you are going through this. I remember my sister feeling the same way when she was pregnant and she and her husband are two of the most "in-love" people I have ever met. Turns out, just like beauty mark said, that her husband had no clue how she was feeling. He thought that she was being distant from him and blaming him for being so miserable. They worked it out, had that beautiful boy in my avatar, and are more in love than ever.

I know its hard not to feel like all you are is a "baby carrier", but keep in mind, this is something you and your man made together, out of love. You can work it out, just talk to him and tell him how you are feeling. Just don't push blame on him. That always drives men away...

M.A.C. head.

You need to go talk to him and you two need to talk about your feelings. I may be wrong, but maybe he thinks you want to be left alone. The radical emotions and mood swings that you go through when pregnant can be very confusing to men. Maybe the best thing he thinks he should do is let you have your space. As long as he's not acting verbally or physically abusive to you, there's a good chance that you just need to TALK. Just start slow and tell him that you want to reconnect with him and just make sure that you two make an effort to spend more time. Even if it's just watching a movie together, or going out for a walk...make it special.

Good luck hon, and we are ALL here when you need to talk or get some advice <3

SkylarV217

Men , even the men that love you could never understand pregnancy. They feel helpless because

1.) They are just as scared as you are
2.) Pregnant women are emotional rollercoasters. They don't know how you will react to them. One min you need to be close to someone and 2 mins later you need to be alone. It's hard on you I know , but to some one that loves you they feel like they can't do anything right and rather than mess up they keep their distance. Talk to him. Tell him you don't understand all the things you are going through but you need him to be there for you. Ask him how he feels about everything and about the things that are hard for him.

While we are the ones that are pregnant they are going though a lot too. I really hope things get better !

kaliraksha

You should really talk to him, maybe he's just clueless on what you want and need right now. Hormones from being pregnant can be very intense. I get the feelings you are talking about right now and I'm not pregnant so I can't imagine how much more amplified they must be for you.

In your situation I would just try to look on the bright side... yes, you may be unhappy with your life at this moment... but it's your life to make anything out of it. I would do a little reading on some motivational or self help books and try to reconnect with your boyfriend for your babies and your relationship's sake.

If you try and you are still unhappy- realize that only you have the power to make yourself happier.

LADYLONLINE

mamaz, sometimes during pregnancy your emotions tend to get the best of you. i am not too sure how your relationship is with your bf/baby daddy but it's important to be around people that will support you. like your girlfriends or family. also remember that your body is pumpin' soooo many hormones in one day, let alone your entire pregnancy! try your best to smile and be happy because the lil one can feel it too. if all is lost, try goin' to the doc and see if she could advise (you might have depression). all in all, take care of you and your lil one first!

User93

MahalMac, hugs! Come on girl, cheer up. I agree that that can be just hormones playing some games with you. Talk to him, tell him you need him, tell him how you're feeling. I was feeling so bad aswell out of nowhere, was crying all the time, felt my bf doesnt love me no more at all.. I couldnt even talk to him without being upset. Then he told me to sit and tell everything how i feel, despite he hates it when i go emo.. And i was crying so much.. Ok, it turned out HE HAD NO CLUE. And he said everything in exactly the same how it was, and that im just overreacting. Men tend to have an absolutely different vision on things.

You should just let him know you're feeling lonely. you want him to be with you, to be around. Im sure he gonna understand that. Anyways, we are here for you.

kaliraksha

Men can definitely have a different view of things! My friend would be very upset and complain from time to time because her husband never said "I love you". She talked to him about it and he said "I didn't know I was suppose to say often, I figured I would just tell you if it that ever changed." Sometimes you have to ask for what you want and believe me, guys are not mind-readers.

Mizz.Yasmine

even if u dont feel connected to him right now, when that baby is born and u both see each other in his/her eyes, theres no way ud be able to feel empty and apart. unless theres something more seriously wrong then pregnancy emotions, i think u 2 will be fine. u'll get thru these bad days, but u really need to talk to him and tell him how u feel. keeping it inside will make it worse.

aeroSOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahalMac
I am almost 5 months pregnant and I feel so empty inside..

I feel like all I have in my life is my unborn child..

I live with my boyfriend/babys father and I feel like we aren't connected anymore.. like we've fallen out of love.. we don't even hangout anymore.. He is always in the other room accross the hall and i am alone in the bedroom all night by myself..

I cry all of the time.. i am just soo unhappy with my life..

i don't know how to be happy anymore.. i really don't know what to do with my life anymore..

I'm about 3 months, and i know what you're feeling.. there is such a greater amount of hormones in our bodies, it's like we're in over-driver...everryy single day...i cry over things i'm usually so strong about, a lot of the time i feel like crawling over and just..bleh... i don't know you or your boyfriend, but it seems like he feels like he can't do anything.. everytime im really down my boyfriend is like 'i wish there was something i could do' but at the end of the day, there really isn't. maybe he feels distant because being pregnant is all about the mother, he can be there for a few things, but everything else is about the mother... i dont know if that makes sense, but it's like... youre pregnant, and feeling all these things... and he has no idea, because men cant feel this way... i dunno... I go to a 'wellness pregnancy program' in my county, and they offer everything...its really a PROGRAM...and it's free to people who have state medical,and it takes people who have private insurance as well... and they have every pregnant women go see the counsler, and usually have counsling untill the baby is born, and even after. If you have the means, i would really seek a counsler, because if you stay this way, it can turn into postpartum depression which is a horrible thing to have to go trhough, my cousin had it, and she felt helpless towards her child.
and.... thanks to the world wide web... there is a lot of pregnancy sites! i-am-pregnant.com and this is the America's pgnancy helpline, i dont know if the # will work for you, but it's 569-1288. i don't know if it's a 1800 #.

Ms. Z

I am so sorry you are going through a hard time. I don’t think its uncommon for pregnant women to get depressed, you must tell your doctor immediately, this is not healthy for you or your child. Please get help and take good care of yourself; you owe it to yourself and your unborn child to be healthy and happy. Good Luck!