prep and prime lash

spendtoomuch

I heard raves for prep and prime lash, but I am not noticing any difference with this. Am I doing something wrong. Is there a trick to this. I tried both letting it dry and also putting mascara on while it is still wet and not difference either way. Also which mac mascara do you like best if any?

Kitt3n

While at a techniques class, a MA suggested you apply the prep + prime, let it dry. You can layer the prep as much as you need, it will add length. The prep + prime goes on white and drys clear. After it drys you may color by applying a mascara of your choice for color.

XShear

Hmm ... I usually apply the primer, and then right after, apply the mascara. Works everytime ... but the one thing I noticed if that you put TOO much primer on, it can make your lashes look clumpy when trying to put on the mascara.
smiles.gif

spendtoomuch

It doesn't harden my lashes. I just really don't notice anything better with it on as compared to not using it at all. Others rave about it, so I must be doing something wrong. I will try it again. Thanks.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I can't live without this!!!!

100% agree with you there, Niki.

Great eyelash primer, seriously.

amoona

Prep+Prime Lash is amazing! I usually don't wait for it to dry and I use either Mascara X or Zoomlash with it. Every customer I put it on always winds up buying it because those lashes look HOT! I haven't worn fake lashes in MONTHS thanks to my discovery of Prep+Prime Lash.

SARAHluvsMAC

I also love it... I have tried Smashbox's but the brush is weird and it the formula is wetter...

didn't work well for me

dheedhee

why everytime i used prep and prime lash, my lash are not curl, just fall
ssad.gif
am i doing something wrong with it?? or should i leave to dry and put the mascara???

MiCHiE

I can't live without it, either. I was told by my old MA to apply mascara while P&P was still wet. It gives me longer, thicker lashes.

I've also tried Smashbox's, but I don't care for the brush.

thewickedstyle

Does it simply volumize, or does it help hold mascara in place? I have very "watery" eyes (contact lenses too) and my mascara runs, even if I use waterproof. I was thinking about trying UD's Lingerie and Golashes (the primer/sealer set) but would this product help me?

lipshock

I wear contacts as well and have never had any problems with Prep+Prime Lash. If anything, I've noticed that it helps with mascara not flaking into my eyes which leads me to get irritated, red, watery eyes and basically ruin my makeup. Truly it's been such a HG for me. I use L'Oreal's Voluminous in Carbon Black or Revlon's new 3D Lash mascara over it and when I do, I find it hard for me to want to put my falsies on. I go from having pretty invisible lashes to this "fan" of black lashes. It's great.
smiles.gif

user79

I never even considered this product because MAC's mascaras look soooo goopy and clumpy. I might have to take a look at this one. Does it define lashes or does it clump them up at all?

user79

So I bought this....have only used it two times no, but I'm not sure about it yet. When I let the primer dry all the way, applying mascara after was a pain, it made it hard to apply and crispy and kinda clumpy.

The other time I tried it on just one eye, applying the primer and adding the mascara right after, and it worked much better. I notice a lenthening effect, but not much thickening. Will have to experiment with this some more.

dmenchi

i think it's a boring product for lashes but it makes my brows fuller lol ..so it's ok for that

SweetCheeks

I tried this after reading recs for it and I have to say that Shiseido's is much better. Sticking with that one.