Prep and Prime skin - Is it oil free? OK for acne?

Incus

I was just wondering, does anyone know if it is oil free? And if its suitable for someone with acne prone skin?

I'm really tempted to get it, but I dont fancy buying it, if I'll just end up taking it back if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance.

caffn8me

Looking at the ingredient list it has all sorts of things including a lot of botanical extracts in it but no oil. It contains caffeine so it gets my seal of approval
winks.gif

Incus

ok- thanks for all the help! I might check it out then and see if it works with my skin.

sani

Hey I'm just wondering what sort of consisteny this primer is. Is it like jelly or like a cream? Thanks

Sushi_Flower

Who would benefit from this product? And also does wearing primer (any primer) under just powder (speicfically Blot powder) do any good? Or it just best worn under foundation?

Sushi_Flower

Yeh i'm hoping to get a sample but my counter doesn't always give one and i don't want to buy it just to try it out and find it doesn't do much good for me.

Incus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower
Yeh i'm hoping to get a sample but my counter doesn't always give one and i don't want to buy it just to try it out and find it doesn't do much good for me.

Lol! I know what you mean.

Caffn8me: I'm assuming that you've used the Primer... Is it similar to the smashbox primer? also, does it make ur face go oily by the end of the day- that's the biggest problem I seem to have when it comes to primers.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi_Flower

awww that sucks...well, you can allways try! the best thing to do is when you go to buy a crapload of things, be very polite and complimentive (remember that working in a store isn't allways fun, so they would def. appreachiate a nice customer)and when you bought your things, ask them a question about the P&P, like you're soo curious for it, cause you heard a lot of great things about it online, but you must be very careful with you acne prone skin(maybe not true but make up something) and ask if it could be possible to get a sample. fat chance he/she will refuse!

I know all the MUA from my counter, and they all know me, and yesterday when I visited I asked for a second prep & prime sample, simply because the skinP&P was sold out from the start, they only had 3! when it comes out I will def. buy one!!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incus
Caffn8me: I'm assuming that you've used the Primer... Is it similar to the smashbox primer? also, does it make ur face go oily by the end of the day- that's the biggest problem I seem to have when it comes to primers.

I have the primer and it works very nicely but as I've not tried the Smashbox primer I really have no point of reference to compare it with. I've used it on other people who loved it as well as myself and it seems to make foundation go on more evenly. As for making your skin go oily that's something you won't be able to tell until you have used it yourself. You'll really have to persuade your counter to give you a sample to try. There are a couple of reviews in the Review forum here.

mac_obsession

I really like it..I was surprised, I was kinda bored and had to goto the store so I slapped some on, and then studio fix...and my m/u stayed put. No oilyness, no sliding m/u no nothing. I was impressed, but mostly by the no pimple after factor
greengrin.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
I really like it..I was surprised, I was kinda bored and had to goto the store so I slapped some on, and then studio fix...and my m/u stayed put. No oilyness, no sliding m/u no nothing. I was impressed, but mostly by the no pimple after factor
greengrin.gif

maybe it helps against the breakouts from studio fix... that stuff made me brake me out horribly!

Incus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
greengrin.gif

That sounds brilliant. I actually went to the mac counter today and bought it- I thought I'd give it a try, I mean, what's the worse that can happen? If I find that it doesnt suit my skin type I'll just return it.

MAC_addict_77

Prep and Prime Face and Acne / Breakouts

I really love this stuff. I got a sample last week just to make sure I don't break out from it before I buy a bottle. Well, guess what? It broke me out like crazy. Mostly on my forehead, the rest of my face is fine. I really wanted this work for me
cry.gif

Latest posts