Prep+Prime Q., mini-haul, back2mac, Culturebloom appt.

sbetsy

(Dear Moderator - I couldn't figure out where to put this post - recommendations? hauls? general chat? shopping buddies? so I hope it's okay that I put it here)

I just bought my first mac foundation (studio stick NW20) because though I really like BE, I just needed something with more coverage so that the only pink on my face is what I put there. Anyway, the MA mixed studio stick and prep and prime face when she did my color match. I own Smashbox's photo finish face primer - is that adequate? Is prep and prime face going to be much better than photo finish? Do you guys mix the two when you are wearing studio stick? Thank you!

In other news, I broke down and bought a beauty powder (tahitian sand). And the laze quad. The colors aren't as exciting as anything else I own, but I think I needed some neutrals and some not so sparkley finishes to give my e/s more dimension. Good Lord.

Oh - and I back2mac'd for the first time! I got plumful. I wanted something similar to the lovely Lady Fabulous in the nordstrom's exclusive holiday palette and plumful is close, but darker.

And another thing - I made an appointment for Culturebloom! Any of you Gainesville girls, I'll be there on Saturday at 11 (Feb 18th).

BlahWah

Sounds like you'll have lots of playtime with all your new products! I was thinking of making an appt at my store too, but I'm torn b/w LE items on eBay and saving for the new collection!

Anything you're thinking of trying out in Culturebloom?

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Sounds like you'll have lots of playtime with all your new products! I was thinking of making an appt at my store too, but I'm torn b/w LE items on eBay and saving for the new collection!

Anything you're thinking of trying out in Culturebloom?

Gosh, is there anything better than playtime? I have way too much fun playing with makeup. I haven't gotten an LE stuff on ebay, but I do buy it from livejournal. I just know that I'd pay way too much in an auction
winks.gif

Culturebloom! Yes, I already know that I'll be a total sucker for the green color (overgrown) and the white/yellow color (spring up). The rest of the e/s's look really amazing too. I don't think that the blushcremes will attract me, but I've already got some empties saved up for l/s (poppyhop? culturebloom? madame b?). I don't know what the cremesticks are - do you?

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbetsy
I haven't gotten an LE stuff on ebay, but I do buy it from livejournal. I just know that I'd pay way too much in an auction
winks.gif

Trying not to get too excited here, but are you saying there's a place where I can..buy...LE...stuff? As in, no longer available?
icon_eek.gif
If true, I don't even know if it's a good thing or not, cuz I'll just end up spending more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbetsy
I don't know what the cremesticks are - do you?

As in what kind of product, or what colours? For colour, I think they're on one of the MAC Chat threads with the swatches. As for product, they're lip liners that are creamier than the regular lip pencils. They don't dry out like the regular ones, but I find they don't last either. I'm okay w/ that b/c I usually use lustres and glosses, which usually disappear relatively quickly. I love how non-drying all those are (l/s, l/g and cremesticks)!

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Trying not to get too excited here, but are you saying there's a place where I can..buy...LE...stuff? As in, no longer available?
icon_eek.gif
If true, I don't even know if it's a good thing or not, cuz I'll just end up spending more!

As in what kind of product, or what colours? For colour, I think they're on one of the MAC Chat threads with the swatches. As for product, they're lip liners that are creamier than the regular lip pencils. They don't dry out like the regular ones, but I find they don't last either. I'm okay w/ that b/c I usually use lustres and glosses, which usually disappear relatively quickly. I love how non-drying all those are (l/s, l/g and cremesticks)!

I forgot to subscribe to this thread, sorry! But yeah, sometimes LE things are available on livejournal. Here are a couple of links to communities:

http://community.livejournal.com/mac_cosmetics/
(this one is a huge community but anyone who wants to join can and so sometimes there are some scammers...)

http://community.livejournal.com/macsaleswap/profile
(this one is more strict about sales so I feel more confident about there being fewer scammers)

It's pretty much just like the sale/swap forums here... I try to just buy with people with whom I interact outside of their sales posts and remember, if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is (ex. Hi I have 10 parrot e/s and I am selling them all for $20 each...yeah right!)

Latest posts