Prescriptives Custom Blend Foundation

lara

It's been a billion years since I was colour-matched at Prescriptives, but then the MA fluffed around and swatched me to work out my tones (cold-cool/blue-red, FTW), then worked out the tint. Most people end up being one of the stock shades, but occasionally someone super-special (me!) comes along who needs a colour mixed from scratch. Things happen, machines whir, you get a bottle of your very own custom foundation because you're a special snowflake.
smiles.gif

I think I was something like 000000001 Go Get Some Sun.

KatieJayne

Ok.. the custom blend foundation...

This is not just for people who don't fit into one of the stock foundations.. anyone can get their custom blend. I just got mine and it is wonderful. great coverage and you don't feel buried under it (And I swear i'm not saying this cuz i work there..)
ok, when you come in to get your custom blend, the first thing we will do is a color printing. Px has 4 types: yellow/orange, red/orange, red, and red/blue. those are your undertones, and then there are 6 levels to determine your general shade. from here you can custom blend a foundation, concealor, and/or powder (loose or pressed) you can choose sheer, med. or full coverage foundation, and we add different tones to get it to match perfectly. you can choose matte or luminous. we then test it on you as well as check the color outdoors. From there we move on to mix the other things you like. we also save the exact special recipe we use so whenever you need a replacement you can just come in and pick it up. I have been on stage for 10 years and been a MUA for 7 and this is hands down my favorite foundation, concealor, and powder.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJayne
Ok.. the custom blend foundation...

This is not just for people who don't fit into one of the stock foundations.. anyone can get their custom blend. I just got mine and it is wonderful. great coverage and you don't feel buried under it (And I swear i'm not saying this cuz i work there..)
ok, when you come in to get your custom blend, the first thing we will do is a color printing. Px has 4 types: yellow/orange, red/orange, red, and red/blue. those are your undertones, and then there are 6 levels to determine your general shade. from here you can custom blend a foundation, concealor, and/or powder (loose or pressed) you can choose sheer, med. or full coverage foundation, and we add different tones to get it to match perfectly. you can choose matte or luminous. we then test it on you as well as check the color outdoors. From there we move on to mix the other things you like. we also save the exact special recipe we use so whenever you need a replacement you can just come in and pick it up. I have been on stage for 10 years and been a MUA for 7 and this is hands down my favorite foundation, concealor, and powder.

Thank you so much for replying to my post...so I went and had a custom blend foundation made for me. The MA initially tried two shades from their virtual skin formula, and it turned out I was in between shades, so then she went and made the custom blend thing for me and OMG...perfect match, I love it! I got a sheer coverage, and didn't add anything to it and its still perfect, no breakouts which I absolutely adore! Um, the only thing was that after I left and I checked the bottle they gave me, it didn't have the color # or name or anything so I was worried I wouldn't be able to go back and get the same shade, but thanks for letting me know that they keep that info on file! Another thing I do not like is the bottle w/ no pump, it sucks, otherwise I love my new foundation...pricey but very worth it
smiles.gif

Could you please tell me more about custom powders? I need something to "set" my foundation.

KatieJayne

the custom blend powder works just like the foundation they will mix one to fix your skin it can be matte or have some shimmer whatever you want in it, i don't know about all counters but for ours you can even get your powder pressed if you want. anyway, they will blend it then it comes in this container just like any other loose powder with the cover over the powder with the little holes in it and then the powder puff to apply it. sets the foundation perfectly without caking it up.
and as far as your foundation, i would suggest trying a brush to apply it, you really don't need to by an expensive foundation brush, I actually just use a brush i got from a craft store (Just a large flat synthetic brush, it'll usually have yellowish brissles, works great) just get a little on the tip of the brush and apply it from forehead to jawline using small downward strokes.

meagannn

does every prescriptives counter do this? I think this is awesome, and i have a prescriptives counter at a mall near me and I'd like to check it out if possible!

greengrin.gif

jenii

I'd love to have a concealer and powder blended for me. I wonder how much those cost.

KatieJayne

not all of them do custom blend but if you check their website they tell you which ones do. the powder is 45

DaizyDeath

i know when i passed the perscriptives counter that did the coustom blend it looked soo interesting!
i wanted to buy something just soo i could see them mix the stuff hahahaha

i know im a looser

the custom blend foundation is what i'm actually using right now, and i like the idea of matching you're exact skin colour and whatnot but i just absolutley hate the foundation. it dries out my skin, i'm breaking out even more (and i use proactiv)! idk, i'm just completley fed up with looking for a new foundation and spending so much money and time and the end result isn't pretty. i've spend a good amount of money there and ended up returning pretty much all of my products from prescriptives.

neotrad

I was color matched at Prescriptives about 10 years ago(!!!), and I had them custom blend my own powder. It took them about a week to do it and package it. It costed about $70-80 at that time. I loved and was very satisfied with the color because it was just so PERFECT for my skin tone which is really pale. I was sooo happy about it but sadly I started to break out because of the formula/ingredients in about 3 weeks after I started using it.
ssad.gif
If you don't have sensitive skin, no worry though.
smiles.gif

n_c

^^^ I've been using my custom blend foundation since mid-November and I LOVE it...no break outs, no dry skin, no color changing...and it lasts all day!