Pressed Powder for an NC50 gal...

GoldenGirl

Hey all! I am an NC50 in SF Fluid and currently have the Pressed Powder in Dark. I'm thinking about exchanging it for the Deep Dark. Because the SF Fluid already dries to a somewhat matte finish, I'm afraid the Dark powder will make me look chalky and washed out. Will Deep Dark be too dark? OR should I try the MSF Natural in Deep Dark instead?

PolyphonicLove

MSFN in Deep Dark, hands down. I have it in Medium Deep, and it isn't ashy in any way, shape, or form. You can add it as much as you won't, and it won't be any kind of cakey. Next to Revlon, its the one powder that - I've found - isn't ashy/heavy/chalky on the skin.

GoldenGirl

Why thank ya kindly! I actually got the pressed powder in deep dark, but I think I'll exchange it for the MSF. Or keep it and get the MSF too! UGH! I'm gonna be sooo broke! :p

PolyphonicLove

Have you tried the pressed yet? You could always go to the store with just foundation on, and see if they'll use MSFN on one side, and the pressed on another. Maybe that will help you decide?
yes.gif

GoldenGirl

Thanks. I was confined to the house for a few days, I had emergency surgery! I've finally been cleared to leave the house, so hopefully I'll be able to check out the MSF sometime today.

GoldenGirl

I got the pressed powder... I took some pics last night at an event I went to and i looked like I had a mask on.
ssad.gif
I was SHOCKED!!! It looked okay on my face in real life, but in the pics.. UGH! I'm gonna try the MSF in Deep Dark but I had the MSF Duo a few months ago and had to return in because I looked orange at the end of the day. Are there any other powders I can try that won't have me looking like Casper in pics?

marielle78

I like the Prescriptives oil control powder or Makeup Forever's HD powder. I am NC50 and MSF in dark was too orange on me too. I wear Medium Deep in MSF.

GoldenGirl

Medium Deep isn't too light on you? I had the Dark MSF Duo before I had the duo in Deep Dark and Dark was too light, also made me look ghostly. Are you using it to set your makeup or using it in other ways?

I did get to MAC last night and had my first haul! I got some Coc stuff and I also picked up the MSF in DD among some other things. I have it on today and so far am loving it! I really think it was the shimmer part of the duo that was giving me that orange look, so since the regular MSF doesn't have the shimmer part, it looks much better on me. I'm glad I decided to give it a second chance...