Prestige Lipsticks/Eyeshadows

nics1972

I saw some very nice e/s, l/s and l/g colors in Prestige line at the Fred Meyers here. Just wanted some opinions on these. Has anyone tried these. What do you think ? How is the color payoff ? Do they last ?

TIA for all your help,
Nicole

xiahe

i really like their eyeshadows, i think they're great quality for a drugstore brand, and super cheap, too! they have good color payoff, easy to blend and they come in a wide range of colors =)

i've never tried their l/g or l/s tho, sorry!

vivaXglamlove

I have tried their Jetstream gloss and It was nice, a bit too sheer for me but it still had a little bit of color. The eyeshadows are very nice for a drugstore brand, easy to blend and comes in a nice range of colors.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I love the lipstick. Really good colour payoff and they don't feel dry on my lips. Velvet is the perfect, deep red for me. I'm don't like the lipglosses that much because they are very sticky.

oh yes, and the round, single pans of e/s are waaay better than the rectangular palettes.

xsnowwhite

i got an eyeshdaow pallete from prestige a while ago and i wasnt impressed at all. The colors looked great in the pan but there was hardly any color payoff so based on that i dont think i'd buy their shadows again.

goodbyexxkitty

I LOVE their eyeshadows! I like their pencil eyeliners too, and the liquid is nice if you like felt tips but I like brush tips.

I've been wanting to try a their lipstick but I havn't yet.

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
i got an eyeshdaow pallete from prestige a while ago and i wasnt impressed at all. The colors looked great in the pan but there was hardly any color payoff so based on that i dont think i'd buy their shadows again.

i heard the palettes suck but you should really try the individual shadows...unfortunately they won't fit into the MAC/urban decay/stila/ELF palettes.

Skan

I *heart* the eyeshadows. I own a ton of them. They have really nice pigment.

I bought a ton of the lipsticks when a store I shop out got rid of the line & they were clearanced. I would give them a "nay". They have good pigment but I just didn't like the formula...it was drying.

Devon

I don't like Prestige lipglosses, they are too sticky for me, trio eyeshadows are not too pigmented.

PolyphonicLove

Im a huge fan of the Jetstream glosses - loved em to bits. I like my gloss thick [or just buildable for tons of hella shine] and it was perfect for me. I'd recommend them if you're a weirdo like me thats into thick gloss, otherwise, you may not be a fan.

chocula

Love the eye and lip liners. The pallete and combo shadows are chalky,but the individual shadows are great with rich color and good payoff. There are many colors that are similar to MAC e/s.

dior688

I would go for Prestige single quad rather than palette e/s. Prestige single quad generally are more pigmented than palette IMO.

BadBadGirl

Where is this brand usually sold... Walgreens? CVS? Eckerds? Walmart?

I've heard good things about the liquid liner and I want to try it.

dirtyMartini

I own one eye shadow from them, and I would say that the color payoff is pretty good for a drugstore brand. The colors aren't as complex as MAC or anything, but the pigmentation is quite good. I haven't tried to wear it alone without a primer, but over UDPP it lasts a long time!

PolyphonicLove

okay! so I finally got the shadows,

iguana [green] and ebony [black].

and over my WnW creme shadow,
its alright;
easy to blend and layer,
and super bright.

but when I mixed them WITH my creme shadow - yes, I scraped some shadow out of the pan with my nail, added a drop of creme shadow, and applied it to my lid! - it lasted all day, no creasing, with great colour payoff.

and for the girls that love UDPP, try the same thing, and use it as a coloured liner! you wont regret it.

I totally suggest snagging these. and for those that dont know, prestige anything IS at your local walgreens, CVS, rite aid, eckerds, and maybe walmart.

happy shopping.
greengrin.gif