Pretty Little Liars!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Thanks for the tip! I need a trashy teen drama fix now that all the good shows have ended for the summer - lol! Well, besides True Blood.
tong.gif

I'll check it out
smiles.gif

i know! i had lots of gaps because all i have to watch was true blood too! Huge seems like something to watch too - a drama about kids in a 'fat camp'
smiles.gif

user79

This show is sooo silly...watched the first 3 episodes....if there was anything else on I probably wouldn't watch it but I'm not really watching any other series right now besides True Blood so maybe I'll watch the next one...

That romance between Aria and the teacher is kind of creepy...blah. All the character relationships are so superficial.

InspiredBlue

Since I feel like I am outgrowing Gossip Girl lately, I think I am going to pass on this one. Guess I'll just have to wait for Mad Men to return to get some decent summer tv.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
This show is sooo silly...watched the first 3 episodes....if there was anything else on I probably wouldn't watch it but I'm not really watching any other series right now besides True Blood so maybe I'll watch the next one...

That romance between Aria and the teacher is kind of creepy...blah. All the character relationships are so superficial.

iagree.gif
to be honest the guy playing the teacher doesn't look old enough to be one in the first place!
tong.gif
but creepy all the same! and yes it's utter trash... but addictive trash! hee hee!

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i know! i had lots of gaps because all i have to watch was true blood too! Huge seems like something to watch too - a drama about kids in a 'fat camp'
smiles.gif

I just heard of Huge! I really wanna see what thats about!

My summer line up is like this:

Sunday - Drop Dead Diva
Monday - Make It or Break It, Lie to Me
Tuesday - Pretty Little Liars, Hell's Kitchen

Fall/Winter brings 90210, The Vampire Diaries, House, Survivor, Cougar Town and Modern Family.

I have a pretty crazy line-up. I actually consider myself lucky that I didn't get into Lost, Glee, True Blood, Grey's Anatomy, Prison Break, 24, Gilmore Girls, American Idol, America's Got Talent, or So You Think You Can Dance....holy crap. Just way too many shows to keep up with every season!

InspiredBlue

I've started watching True Beauty
blush-anim-cl.gif
for lack of better shows. Like Junkie, I don't have much room in my regular season lineup, so I don't want to get into anything too serious or long running.

Currently: True Beauty, Work of Art
Soon: Project Runway, Mad Men
Fall: Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Glee

And I also have like a season and a half of Greek to catch up on.

Surely I am forgetting something as well.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I've started watching True Beauty
blush-anim-cl.gif
for lack of better shows.

I didn't mind that one actually. It was a bit dumb (the first season). I didn't even know a second season was running!

Usually I hear about these shows long after they've started, so I don't feel like watching them halfway through. But I found that CastTV website and have been watching seasons right from the beginning recently! I watched the entire 3 seasons of The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (SO good!), Pretty Wild (stupid, but it had me hooked), and Jersey Shore of course LOL! Speaking of which - its starting again for season 2 in a few weeks!

LMD84

luckily i don't watch too many tv shows - although my hubby thinks i watch loads!
tong.gif

right now i am watching - pretty little liars, neighbours (australian soap opera which is the only soap i watch!), true blood.... that is it! however when other shows start i usually watch-

smallville
desperate housewives
glee
x factor (uk singing contest)
fringe

and i think that is about it
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
I didn't mind that one actually. It was a bit dumb (the first season). I didn't even know a second season was running!

Usually I hear about these shows long after they've started, so I don't feel like watching them halfway through. But I found that CastTV website and have been watching seasons right from the beginning recently! I watched the entire 3 seasons of The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (SO good!), Pretty Wild (stupid, but it had me hooked), and Jersey Shore of course LOL! Speaking of which - its starting again for season 2 in a few weeks!

There it is: Add Jersey Shore to my "Soon"-list.
smiles.gif

Secret Diary of a CG, that's the one with Billie Piper based on the Belle du Jour book, right? I've read the book - which is a true story - and I tried watching the series when it first came on but I didn't like it. It was just too.. fake, if you will.

yazerella

Okay, I'm seriously embarrassed about the number of TV shows I watch after seeing all of your lists! I think during this year it managed to get up to 20 at one point!

In my defence, I was always behind because there was no time to watch 20 TV shows a week.. During exam time I was about 7 weeks behind on episodes!

I'm just making excuses now...

Suzye829

I just watched all 4 episodes of PLL yesterday and I do like it! It's supposed to be like Desparate Housewives for teens. I don't watch DH, but I'll watch this.

Before, I watched pretty much anything that had to do with modelling/makeup/fashion that was reality tv...Janice Dickinson's Modelling Agency, ANTM, CNTM (I even watched some Germany and Australia...I think maybe even China), Project Runway, Project Runway Canada, True Beauty, Blush (which was awesome btw), Make me a Supermodel, Shear Genious, RuPaul's Drag Race, I think that's it....tell me if I've missed any...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
There it is: Add Jersey Shore to my "Soon"-list.
smiles.gif

Secret Diary of a CG, that's the one with Billie Piper based on the Belle du Jour book, right? I've read the book - which is a true story - and I tried watching the series when it first came on but I didn't like it. It was just too.. fake, if you will.

oh yeah! Jersey shore! i watch that with the guys at work! we found the 1st season insane!!! we even gave ourselves nicknames like they have!
tong.gif

Junkie

Omg! Shear Genius, Blush and Ru Paul's Drag Race were all amazing!

Holla Nina Flowers and Rebecca Glasscock! Omg!

kaylabella

I love this show! I do agree that Aria and the teacher's relationship can be a bit creepy, but he is FINE! So, if she can't have him, send him over my way! haha

My summer line up of shows is pretty small, just Pretty Little Liars, True Blood, and now The Gates!
Come fall: Glee, One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, and Supernatural.
The fall list used to be a lot longer, but I stopped following Gossip Girl and 90210, and all the other shows that I'd like to watch interfere with the times of the other shows! haha. Maybe the new shows that come out will be worth watching...

bea_16

I love this show! I know it won't be getting any emmy's but it's very entertaining. My favorite character is spencer. I recently read the books. They're very quick reads and are good if you need to kill some time but tbh I would not buy them. Does anyone else think it's weird that the girl who plays Maya is like 30 something? Bianca Lawson is her name.That's the only thing that really bothers me tbh,but it still is a good summer show.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bea_16
I love this show! I know it won't be getting any emmy's but it's very entertaining. My favorite character is spencer. I recently read the books. They're very quick reads and are good if you need to kill some time but tbh I would not buy them. Does anyone else think it's weird that the girl who plays Maya is like 30 something? Bianca Lawson is her name.That's the only thing that really bothers me tbh,but it still is a good summer show.

That happens a lot too though. We don't think of them as actors (most of us) as we see a character rather than the real person. If you look at a lot of other movies and tv shows its the same thing.

Stockard Channing (Rizzo from the movie Grease) was 34 playing a teenager.

Devon Sawa in the movie Little Giants was 16/17 playing a 12 year old (which isn't a huge difference age-wise, but if you think about it, you still very much look like a little kid at 12 versus 16). Same with Casper and Now & Then.

They cast characters who are passable as that age - play the part well. I thought it was weird too - hearing people being super old playing teen roles lol! But when I sat back and disconnected myself from that, I was like, "Yeah....she/he does a good job - its believable".

LMD84

i know when i saw Bianca Lawson in it i was shocked! mainly because she hasn't aged at all! she used to be in saved by the bell and played a slayer in buffy - and that was all like 10 years ago! so i'd say if she looks like a teen still, why the heck not?!
smiles.gif

m_3

I usually don't get into shows like this, but I really like it. It's really entertaining and I come back every week coming wanting more.

m_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ok i am so sad that i am currently reading the first book
tong.gif

I can't get into the book. I've seen them at my local library and...I just can't do it.That's where I draw the line.lol
sneaky.gif

Latest posts