Private diary

Esperanza

Hello girlies,

I was wondering how many of you keep a diary or used to keep one, and what does it bring to you?

I used to keep private journals when I was younger (like maybe 3 or 4 in all) but now it's like I'm feeling the need to write again... I've got some serious job issues at the moment and as it started to wear me down more and more, maybe I'll be relieve to write all those things down on paper. Just to clear my mind. I don't know, it's just a thought... there's also fear I think, fear to face the situation and take it upon myself to move forward.

What's your own experience with your diaries? Have you been feeling real better after writing down your personal thoughts? Do you think it has really helped you to move on?

Willa

I've had one since 4th grade, I won this cute little diary
I started writting in it, and ever since (i'm now 26) I still write.
Not as much as I would like, but I do.
I have about 15 note books...
lol.gif

Its funny to read myself, after those years.
I used to write about my love for this or this guy, writing about wanting to change some things (that still havent changed... haha).

One of my ex did a bad thing, he read
lol.gif
my journal while I was out.
He even wrote in it!
Thats a non respectfull thing to do!

Shimmer

I do keep a diary. I've actually had the same one for several years and use it for my 'purging' when I need to.
smiles.gif

user79

I used to write diaries very religiously between the ages of like 15-21. I have a whole stack of them at home, I actually love going through them and reading back on all my trials and tribulations! haha...

I kind of stopped, but actually recently I purchased a new diary again with the intent to start up again, but I haven't so far...

knoxydoll

I used to write everyday in one. Then I stopped and it's probably been a good 2 years since I've written in mine. I used to use it as a purge like Shimmer but now I use art instead.

Raerae

I used to write when I was little, and then stopped.

And then I got involved in the whole "Live Journal" thing, and blogged my diary public for a couple of years. Dunno why airing things out publicly is so amazing. But then I decided that having such personally identifiable things on-line like that, probably wasn't a good idea, so i deleted it.

I haven't written since, but now that you bring it up, who knows, maybe i'll start a new one.

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
One of my ex did a bad thing, he read
lol.gif
my journal while I was out.
He even wrote in it!
Thats a non respectfull thing to do!

What did you do
icon_eek.gif
? There's so much intimacy in a diary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I kind of stopped, but actually recently I purchased a new diary again with the intent to start up again, but I haven't so far...

And the question is: how and where to begin now we are older...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
I haven't written since, but now that you bring it up, who knows, maybe i'll start a new one.

Ah ah, someone is under influence of this topic
smiles.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
Ah ah, someone is under influence of this topic
smiles.gif

Hehe...
rofl.gif

*Dani*

I've tried to keep a diary so many times, but I always forget to write in it. Now I want to try again though!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperanza
What did you do
icon_eek.gif
? There's so much intimacy in a diary!

I was mad.
He was jealous of previous school flings I had in highschool... (at the time we were 21-23). Thats about when I understood he had a self-confidence problem, and I left him not long after that.

I try not to think about what he could have read. Its soooo private!
But he never talked about it after that.

He was mad because I didnt write about him.
His face changed when I told him I had 3 or 4 other diaries...
th_remoteImage-61.gif

User49

I've kept one ever since I could write! I find that even if they are just used to vent out thoughts they are a great help. John Mayer once said that his guitar playing was a way of like clearing all the hard drive space out of his head so that it's free for thinking. I feel that way about writing in my journal. If i don't write it out I feel a bit messy. Once you get stuff out of your system u feel better and it's good to reflect on in the future. It also makes u realize what it is thats bothering u most as u tend to write it out without really thinking about it, it's almost automatic. Totally start writing again! Especially if you feel the need to!
smiles.gif

as_cute_as_pie

i used to have one when i was about 11. read it not so long ago. it was VERY funny. I can actually remember that stuff happening and now seems so silly lol

Dark_Phoenix

Um... no. Never. I've gone to boarding school since I was 11 (i.e. we share rooms so it's way risky to keep private stuff) and would never want to risk someone reading my private thoughts. Oh, that and living in a house with five brothers. No privacy ever.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma_Frost
Um... no. Never. I've gone to boarding school since I was 11 (i.e. we share rooms so it's way risky to keep private stuff) and would never want to risk someone reading my private thoughts. Oh, that and living in a house with five brothers. No privacy ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Ive also never kept a diary for privacy reasons.

You didn't have a private space under lock and key you could keep it? And I don't just mean the book with the silly little key on it =p

You can also keep an electronic diary on your computer or laptop... And password protect the file/pc.

Dark_Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
You didn't have a private space under lock and key you could keep it? And I don't just mean the book with the silly little key on it =p

You can also keep an electronic diary on your computer or laptop... And password protect the file/pc.

Not really... We have trunks in our room that lock but that's it. And in there I just keep stuff like emergency cash, copies of my documentation, and jewelry. It's high school, not college. No privacy.
I'll be outta here forever after Friday though.

I don't trust secercy of my computer, either, because the school gives us laptops and reserves the right to look at whats on them.

msmack

I have kept a diary for quite a few years now. I think they are really good for reflection and to see how far you have come. My mother read my diary when i was about 14 and used stuff in there against me. I burned that particular diary and now regret it because I would LOVE to read it again. Anyways... I think they are a great thing and really help me when I just want to RANT! lol

Beauty Mark

I keep a journal. Very therapeutic and when the problems have long past, I think they can be kind of humorous. Also, they remind me why I don't associate myself with certain people or help me make the decision not to be friends with people. I don't trust a lot in life, but I do trust myself not to lie in my journals.

Sometimes, I'm utterly dumbfounded at what I put up with and didn't see the signs sooner. My journal has kept me from making the same mistakes over with some people.

MiCHiE

I have one now and about 3 altogether. I lost a few more in Katrina, though. I've been writing since at least 3rd or 4th grade.

Hilly

I had one in college...it was SCEEEAAAANNNDAAAALLLLOOOUUUSS!!!

I found it cleaning one day and about blushed the whole time.
I thought I was Sex and the City writing in that thing. Its so much fun to go back and re-read. I would die if my fiance saw it hahah