Private Messages Problem

Mandy4610

What up with the private messages. I keep deleting them and they keep comingback. Then my new ones disappear
angry.gif

Whats with that?
It keeps telling me that my inbox is 94% full but it wont get rid of the PM which I have already deleted like 10 times.

Janice

Hi Mandy, it shows you as only using 1% of your mailbox storage. Are you still experiencing issues?

user79

Try clearing your cache, it sounds like your browser is loading an older version of the page.

Mandy4610

I am still having major problems. I can see in my thread list that some people have responded to my threads, but I can read the responses. I can only see my post when I click on the threads I started. What the heck is going on here
angry.gif
. My inbox is still full and I still cant see my new PMs which I know are somewhere because I was able to see them at some point. someone please do something about this. Is it my computer or is it the forum?

Janice

Hi Mandy, honestly it sounds like a cache issue. It seems like your browser is not showing the updated site, rather it is showing you older data from a previous visit.

Try clearing your browser cache, opening a new browser session, and visiting the site from there.

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Hi Mandy, honestly it sounds like a cache issue. It seems like your browser is not showing the updated site, rather it is showing you older data from a previous visit.

Try clearing your browser cache, opening a new browser session, and visiting the site from there.

Ok, I will try that. Thanks.

Sojourner

I'm actually having the same problem!

I deleted old private messages ages ago and they have been sitting in the trash folder for a while now...anyone know how to get rid of them permanently?

I'd be grateful for anyone's input - it gets on my nerves when my folders aren't clean and empty!

LMD84

hhmmm i see what you mean! all mine in the trash are there and there seems to be no way of actually deleting them! i shall ask the web guys and see if they know.

LMD84

Ok i got an answer from the web team. They said that they automatically delete messages in the trash folder apart from the last 20 to be placed in there. The reason for it is in case anybody deletes something by accident. So this means you will always have the last 20 messages you have deleted in your trash :)

Sojourner

Hmm that's interesting...well at least I know now why my bin is cluttered (OCD anyone?!)

Thanks for finding out Lou! :)

Latest posts