Pro eyeshadow palettes on eBay?

VeganChick

I found these two pro eyeshadow sets and they both seem like great deals, but I'm not sure about them. Has anyone used them or heard anything about them? The second one seems like a much better deal.

This store sells a lot of palettes and I'm thinking about buying their 88 color set (for around $40).

e8_1.JPG

This one has more colors for nearly half the price of the first one (marked down to half price due to one chipper, and very usable, shadow). Plus the pans are 3mm bigger.
greengrin.gif

67_1.JPG

So, what do you think?
I'm afraid that the won't be the high quality, high pigment shadows that they claim to be...

Ambi

A few people I've asked who have bought that palette say some of the shadows are great, as in very pigmented and good staying power but that overall they're not very high quality.

VeganChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst_beauty
Goodness...that seller is in violation of eBay's keyword spamming policy!

Anyhow, those shadows aren't MAC...and the seller has a long history of poor shipping practices:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...rn=Received+by

I'd RUN from that seller...

I looked at the feedback, but I didn't think to look at just the negative feedback. I didn't want to spend $40 on something I may not like anyway.
However, the better deal also has only two bad feebacks and those are things that probably won't happen to me. The eyeshadows are a bit smaller than a penny, but at this cost I'll only be paying about 23 cents for each, which seems perfectly fine.
And yes, I know they'e not MAC. Wouldn't it be lovely if MAC made huge palette sets?
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
A few people I've asked who have bought that palette say some of the shadows are great, as in very pigmented and good staying power but that overall they're not very high quality.

Are the lesser quality ones still any better than a drugstore brand? Like Maybelline or Revlon?

Hmm, I was leaning toward the second one anyway. For $22 for the second one, do you think it would be a good thing for experimenting w/ makeup?
I still have no idea what colors look good on me and I don't have any makeup counters where I live, so my only option is to buy colors and hope I like them. Which can be a huge waste of money...
I have a few days to think about it. I'm thinking about buying this, an Urban Decay lot and a brush set. If I can talk my mom into letting me spend like $100 out of my checking account...
th_confused_new.gif

lara

Going by your username, you may want to take into consideration that these eyeshadows won't be in any way vegan friendly. Animal testing is a given, as is the use of animal by-products to provide product stability and colour.

jessiekins1

i have a couple pallettes like that from my poopy esthetics school make-up kit.....they suck!
weeping.gif
they don't blend and the color pay off is nil. my school kit was a $300 waste of money.
th_confused_new.gif
weeping.gif
puke.gif
thud.gif
jerkit.gif

VeganChick

Ohhh, thanks lara and jessiekins! I hadn't even thought of animal testing. Not a very good vegan am I? (blushes)
And I'm sorry that you had to waste that much money for school jessiekins! (Btw, I love your icon and sig. She looks like a goth Jessica Rabbit and I love that NIN song!
greengrin.gif
)
So, I suppose I'll just spend my money on a few other things that I know are good and try to buy things that I know will look good on me. And I'll probably get around to posting a picture here in a day or two to ask people their recommendations for me. Thanks for all the help!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiekins1
you know the old cliche, quality or quantity.
graucho.gif

In the cold war, the Soviets had a saying "quantity has a quality all of its own". They weren't concerned if NATO weapons were twice as good because they had twice as many weapons as NATO! They had a point
winks.gif

Seriously though, I'd avoid the pallettes. They have a lot of colours but a lot are in very similar colour groups and I'm not sure whether there is a range of finishes either. They all look the same. I'd also be concerned about quality.

queenofdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
In the cold war, the Soviets had a saying "quantity has a quality all of its own". They weren't concerned if NATO weapons were twice as good because they had twice as many weapons as NATO! They had a point
winks.gif

LMAO... thats a good one