paparazziboy

august 23rd mac pro only

emerald - bright green
amethyst- bright purple
gold - sparkling chunky gold
pink - soft mid-tone pink
red - vibrant shimmering chunky red
silver - glittery silver

cheek and eye applicators will also be repromoted with this collection (side note) these are great for applying glitter!!! the glitter sticks and doesn't fall off

231 brush
242 brush

MACina

I have to get Amethyst and Emerald
heart.gif

ChosenOne

I know there hasn't been post in this thread in a while, so I hope it's okay that I post... I'm just really annoyed about the Pro Glitter. The collection description says "Directly applied to the skin or combined with products to create high-level sparkle effects on all areas of the face, this collection introduces two new shades to a comprehensive colour palette with tools for expert application and blending including Cheek and Eye Applicators, 231 and 242 Shader Brushes and Mixing Medium Eyeliner and Gel." So of course I got really excited that MAC finally made a glitter that's eye safe, since NONE of their other glitters are.

Being that this glitter is in a collection with eye brushes and eyeliner mixing medium, I thought it was a given that it was eye safe, but wanted to make sure since it sounded too good to be true. Did a live chat, and lo and behold, I'm told these are NOT eye safe. I find this extremely misleading of MAC. Why would they advertise eye brushes and eyeliner mixing medium with the glitter if they're not eye safe? Way to get me all excited and then pop my happiness balloon, MAC. Two big thumbs down for false advertising.
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

quiteviolet

I know there hasn't been post in this thread in a while, so I hope it's okay that I post... I'm just really annoyed about the Pro Glitter. The collection description says "Directly applied to the skin or combined with products to create high-level sparkle effects on all areas of the face, this collection introduces two new shades to a comprehensive colour palette with tools for expert application and blending including Cheek and Eye Applicators, 231 and 242 Shader Brushes and Mixing Medium Eyeliner and Gel." So of course I got really excited that MAC finally made a glitter that's eye safe, since NONE of their other glitters are.

Being that this glitter is in a collection with eye brushes and eyeliner mixing medium, I thought it was a given that it was eye safe, but wanted to make sure since it sounded too good to be true. Did a live chat, and lo and behold, I'm told these are NOT eye safe. I find this extremely misleading of MAC. Why would they advertise eye brushes and eyeliner mixing medium with the glitter if they're not eye safe? Way to get me all excited and then pop my happiness balloon, MAC. Two big thumbs down for false advertising.
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif
Really? wow. I was told at the Pro Store at the beginning of the month that they were. The store manager, who was helping me at the time, showed me how to apply them with the eye applicator (which I thought was useless) on her hand. Good thing I refused to let her try it on my eye lids! LIARS!

ChosenOne

Really? wow. I was told at the Pro Store at the beginning of the month that they were. The store manager, who was helping me at the time, showed me how to apply them with the eye applicator (which I thought was useless) on her hand. Good thing I refused to let her try it on my eye lids! LIARS!
That's so frustrating!!! I think I'm going to call MAC HQ today to verify because these inconsistent answers are not acceptable, especially when it comes to something as important as the safety of your EYES, for cryin' out loud...

ETA: Just got off the phone, and what a waste of time it was. The woman on the other end just said to ask someone at a Pro store. She also said they don't have any sort of list they can send me regarding safety (although I'm pretty sure there's a whole post on Specktra regarding pigment safety that came from a MAC HQ fax) and that if something is NOT listed as eye safe, that just means they didn't test it on the eyes. While I know this is one possible reason for something to not be listed as eye safe, I know it's not the ONLY reason. Glitter, for example, is not considered eye safe mainly because the particles are pretty big and have the potential to scratch your eyeball.

So basically the message seems to be: This might be safe to use on your eyes, but we're not sure or just don't want to tell you. Take your chances and don't hold us responsible if you scratch your cornea.

Don't get me wrong, I love MAC and am sickly addicted to their products. The whole glitter thing just irks me!!!

quiteviolet

That's so frustrating!!! I think I'm going to call MAC HQ today to verify because these inconsistent answers are not acceptable, especially when it comes to something as important as the safety of your EYES, for cryin' out loud...

ETA: Just got off the phone, and what a waste of time it was. The woman on the other end just said to ask someone at a Pro store. She also said they don't have any sort of list they can send me regarding safety (although I'm pretty sure there's a whole post on Specktra regarding pigment safety that came from a MAC HQ fax) and that if something is NOT listed as eye safe, that just means they didn't test it on the eyes. While I know this is one possible reason for something to not be listed as eye safe, I know it's not the ONLY reason. Glitter, for example, is not considered eye safe mainly because the particles are pretty big and have the potential to scratch your eyeball.

So basically the message seems to be: This might be safe to use on your eyes, but we're not sure or just don't want to tell you. Take your chances and don't hold us responsible if you scratch your cornea.

Don't get me wrong, I love MAC and am sickly addicted to their products. The whole glitter thing just irks me!!!
Good thing I haven't had any bad experiences using glitters and always use contract agreements when I do a job. Basically, I don't know of any glitters that are eye safe, so if a client wants glitter I make sure I inform them of that.

Teggy

Honestly, I don't think MAC glitters are worth the price. It's so easy to find cosmetic glitter for much less online these days.

martiangurll

august 23rd mac pro only

emerald - bright green
amethyst- bright purple
gold - sparkling chunky gold
pink - soft mid-tone pink
red - vibrant shimmering chunky red
silver - glittery silver

cheek and eye applicators will also be repromoted with this collection (side note) these are great for applying glitter!!! the glitter sticks and doesn't fall off

231 brush
242 brush
Anyone excited about these brushes?

ChosenOne

Not sure how I feel about the 231 brush. I would definitely need to see it in person. But I've had the 242 for years and love it. It's just a great brush for smooth application of any kind of product on the eyes (pigment, powder e/s, paint pots, you name it).

Latest posts