Pro Haul + MSF descriptions

d_flawless

i went to the pro store on fillmore in SF where i saw the entirety of avante gold and amuse. the MA was super nice and did a demo of the medium MSF on me, creating a really blended, satiny look on my skin, kinda like the finish of studio fix w/ a light hand, but more satiny, less matte...seriously, these are totally worth it, the finish is nothing like any other powder product MAC carries now...
as for the colored MSFs...i've never seen either shimpagne or porcelain pink, but both are beautiful, seriously, now i know what all the fuss is over. shooting star was by far my favorite though, very j. lo...it's not too much darker than naked you but a completely different finish, no glitter just pretty swirls of caramel throughout, perfect for summer
the eyeshadows duos are so0o pretty, the only one i didn't like was the white/black duo, but all of the others are really shiny and pretty, the beige color with the green almost looks similar to shimpagne...
i personally didn't LOVE the l/s (though i did place a hold on pink maribu and the gold, soft one), but all of the l/g are really nice, i think ciao, manhattan would look amazing on anyone, and oddly enough reminds me of a pinker, lighter VGV...
i wasn't impressed with the fan brush, but i did find out that both brushes (fan + kabuki) <b> will be permanent </b> at pro stores...
as for the fluidlines, they are all great, esp. new weed and graphic brown...definitely worth checking out
well i hope this helps anyone out, sorry if i'm being repetitive with anything
smiles.gif
let me know if anyone has any questions either, i feel like i'm being short

moving on...
HAUL:
15 pan palette (my first!)
shadowy lady pan
kid pan (which looks great in the crease, for any fans of soft brown)
nehru pan
motif pan
plum dressing pan
EZ R ("better" than mixing medium, supposedly)
222 brush (finally!)
disc sponge

letsmakeup

Can you tell me how the MA applied the msf powder, did she use the kabuki brush, did she use foundation under the powder or just used the msf powder as foundation.

d_flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsmakeup
Can you tell me how the MA applied the msf powder, did she use the kabuki brush, did she use foundation under the powder or just used the msf powder as foundation.

she used the 109 brush...which i thought was odd at first, but it actually buffed it on quite nicely, as it kinda has the rounded "head" like the kabuki. i already had foundation (and blush) on so she just used the powder to blend any lines/to even me out (it was after work and i was gross). it's definitely more of a "setting" finish powder, not a foundation/powder-in-one type, if that's what you mean.

d_flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Ohhh, I can't wait til Thursday! What did you think of Lithograph fluidline?

lithograph was pretty, but not anything special. i personally favor the colored kohls over f/ls, so i didn't get too good a mental picture. honestly though, the new weed and graphic brown f/ls were more interesting, they both has an almost lustre to them, aside from the fact that they're "wet" products.