Pro Longwear

Steel

Hi girls,

can you recommend me the most natural looking shade of Pro Longwear, I don't care if it's a lustre or not? For reference I have NW15 skin.

I'm looking either for a nude or a natural pinkish color, I don't know really if these exist in the range as I cannot view them in person (will order online).

I was thinking about Fine and Mellow thanks to the pic in Sonrisa's gallery but in all the other images I've seen of it the shade looks really dark!

Would Durashell and Luv-4-Ever be too pink to look natural?

Thanks everyone in advance!!
wavey.gif

Fairybelle

soapbox.gif
Honestly, from my own experience, your best bet with these colors is to go to a MAC Counter and see how these colors will look and feel on you 'in person'. They are the only MAC lipcolors that I feel end up looking much different on you once the color sets... very true to the tube, but you need to try it on to see how the color will look with your skintone. Plus, I've compared some of my l/s to the MAC website, and the colors are a bit off...
Sorry I could not help you more, but I don't want you to buy something that you will not love once you actually put it on .
ssad.gif

Steel

Thanks for your concern, Fairybelle, but there is no MAC counter in my country so it's simply impossible for me to go and see them in person!
ssad.gif

Fairybelle

Oh! That changes things bigtime!
Let's see... the best colors I can recommend from experience (I am an NC25 - NC30) are For Keeps (a plummy brown, but if applied lightly looks very very natural) and Durashell. You can also try the Pro Longwear Lustre... but the trick with these lippies is to apply them lightly, let dry, see how you like it, and apply more if desired before putting on the topcoat. I have Plaything and Femme Forever but those are little bit more on the "too pink" side. Hope this helps now!

kimmy

you should probably go with Durashell, we have the same colouring and that's the one that looked best on me
smiles.gif
i ended up taking mine back as soon as i got it though because it balled up and wore off really quickly
ssad.gif

Fairybelle

The Anthem is right-- you have to be careful of the color breaking apart after a bit. It will happen more quickly if you eat oily foods (salad dressing KILLED my lipcolor quickly, even with tons of topcoat on). The best thing I can recommend is to put the color on lightly, make sure it is "set" then put topcoats on. If you are not used to the feel of longwearing lipcolor, then this may feel weird at first. Ultimately it is up to you. Have fun!!
cheerleader.gif

bellaetoile

luv-4-ever and durashell were both nice.

make sure your lips are exfoliated, and moisturized in advance. when you actually go to apply the pro longwear, make sure your lips are dry. apply a layer of the color using even strokes, going in one direction. don't apply back and forth, as it can get clumpy. don't pat your lips, because again, the color can get uneven. wait for the coat of color to dry completely. go over it with the clear coat, again, brushing on even strokes in the same direction. try not to move your lips back and forth, or rub them any more than necessary.

i love the PLWs. my process is to moisturize and prep with prep and prime lip before i get started on my makeup. i'll do my eyes and face, then apply one coat of the color to my top and bottom lips within my lipline. again, i'll wat a few minutes to allow the color coat to dry completely, as this seems to be essential to getting it to stay on the maximum amount of time. apply the gloss coat in the same method. my PLWs last through cigarettes beverages, and even meals sometimes, as long as i don't rub my lips, or create friction, causing the layer of color to "bead" and rub off...