Pro Pigment versus MUFE Star Powder

Copper_Sparkle

Hope this is the right place...

I saw THE most gorgeous new Star Powder shades at Sephora over the weekend. Neon orange and Neon Pink, both were extremely bright, pigmented and with "sparkle." Not shimmer and not glitter, somewhere in between.

Question is, I've long been lusting after a purchase of the exact same shades in MAC pigments. Has anyone used both and can suggest which would be better? I know the pigments won't have the sparkle that the MUFE ones have, but, I'm still confused as to which I want
ssad.gif

Is there such a thing as "more wearable" when it comes to neon eye shadows?
rofl.gif

Turbokittykat

Which MAC pigments were you thinking of getting? Are they eye-safe? If the MUFE powders are and the MAC pigments aren't, that could be one way of deciding. Also texture is important, how blendable they each are and so on.

I'd probably end up getting both and actually wearing neither, but that's just me!

Turbokittykat

I just checked on the Sephora website and there's a note on the MUFE Star Powders page that says "Please note: Shades 949, 951, and 952 are not intended for use on the eyes." So, if it was 951 and 952 you were looking at, maybe that will influence your decision. Could be that neither the MAC nor the MUFE are eye-safe.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_Sparkle
Awww, thanks for looking that up, I had no idea.

Both were for eye usage
ssad.gif

Have you considered the Kryolan UV palette, like this one?

I believe those colours are safe to use on the eyes, (although probably worth checking before buying, to be certain). Several sellers on eBay sell them plus most theatrical supply shops should stock Kryolan.

ruby_soho

Oh man I want those Kryolan Day Glow colours sooo badly. Turbokittykat, have you ever used them, and do they turn out like in the girls ebay pictures? I don't want to stray from MAC, but those look amazing...$35 american though...Your opinion on these will decide if they're worth it!!

Copper_Sparkle

Very nice, thanks for posting! I think I might just throw caution to the wind and get both star powders. I really liked the sparkly bits on top of the "WOW BRIGHT" colours. The pink is cyber-geisha heaven
smiles.gif

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper_Sparkle
Very nice, thanks for posting! I think I might just throw caution to the wind and get both star powders. I really liked the sparkly bits on top of the "WOW BRIGHT" colours. The pink is cyber-geisha heaven
smiles.gif

If you find your skin isn't that sensitive, and you're going to be using the non eye-safe pigments on your eyes anyways, I would suggest using a mixing medium. I use non eye-safe pigments on my eyes, and I never have a reaction. Using the mixing medium would at least make it more controllable, so no loose powder falls in your eyes.

Copper_Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
If you find your skin isn't that sensitive, and you're going to be using the non eye-safe pigments on your eyes anyways, I would suggest using a mixing medium. I use non eye-safe pigments on my eyes, and I never have a reaction. Using the mixing medium would at least make it more controllable, so no loose powder falls in your eyes.

Good suggestion, which of the mediums do you suggest? There are three types if I'm not mistaken? For what it's worth, I currently have BeneFit's She-Laq and Paula Dorf's Transformer.

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby_soho
Oh man I want those Kryolan Day Glow colours sooo badly. Turbokittykat, have you ever used them, and do they turn out like in the girls ebay pictures? I don't want to stray from MAC, but those look amazing...$35 american though...Your opinion on these will decide if they're worth it!!

I haven't tried them, so I can't confirm or deny how the colours turn out. I've considered buying the palette several times, but I don't think I'd really use it much, so I've always talked myself out of it.