Pro Pigments disappeared from macpro.com?

Kittie

Pro pigments aren't listed on the site anymore.
ssad.gif
I noticed it last night/early this morning sometime myself. They were just there... well, not too long ago and then they suddenly disappeared. I used to go there a lot for reference purposes. 8)

PS - I haven't heard the rumour. Any reputable sources?

bluegrassbabe

I hope they are not gone forever. I am slowly trying to accumulate all of them.
Any MAC employees here know the scoop?

caffn8me

I don't think they ever went away - VuittonVictim was looking in the wrong place under Multipurpose rather than under Eyes > Shadow - having said that there is still only one pigment (Deep Purple) listed and they do seem to have moved from their original position in Multipurpose. It's odd that the only colour shown is Deep Purple yet this is the only colour showing a "triangle of death" below;

pigment.gif

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista
I see all the pro pigments???

That's bizarre - I only see Deep Purple - whether I'm logged into macpro.com or not.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
That's bizarre - I only see Deep Purple - whether I'm logged into macpro.com or not.

I'm not logged in at all. Weirdness.

These are pro, right?

piggies2.jpg

Krista

oh my goodness.

I just took that screen shot when I posted it and when I click on your link I see them all!

This is the oddest thing.

Krista

I just went back and there's even more there!!! The screenshot I showed before was a shot of all of the pigments it showed me. Now there's 32!

caffn8me

Well, my browser is set to check for newer versions of a page on every visit but I've just cleared the cache and reloaded the page and got the same (that just being Deep Purple). What happens if you clear your browser cache and reload the page? The only other difference may well be where we are accessing the site from. I'm in the UK and it may be showing me a UK or Europe specific content although I'd be surprised if there was actually only one pro pigment available these days in the UK. If it's a Europe thing that would explain why VV has problems too.

Krista

Quote:
Well, my browser is set to check for newer versions of a page on every visit but I've just cleared the cache and reloaded the page and got the same (that just being Deep Purple). What happens if you clear your browser cache and reload the page? The only other difference may well be where we are accessing the site from. I'm in the UK and it may be showing me a UK or Europe specific content although I'd be surprised if there was actually only one pro pigment available these days in the UK. If it's a Europe thing that would explain why VV has problems too.

Ok I just did the same and I reloaded and I still have them all. You might be on to something with the country of origin thing. I'm in Canada. It's so strange though. Why don't they have a country choose then, like the regular site?

caffn8me

Well, as long as the products are still in the Pro stores I'm less worried about what appears on the website (especially as the colours of the swatches on the website never really relate to the actual products) - but it does seem to be a transatlantic anomaly. I live near enough to a Pro store that if I was feeling really adventurous I could walk it (just under 8 miles)!

jenjunsan

Okay, you guys scared me enough to check. I am in the US, when I go to the pro site, I can't even find pigments, when I click on caffn8me's link I only see deep purple....is there a full moon?

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjunsan
Okay, I finally found it under eye shadow, but deep purple is the only one showing up

Nice to know I'm not just imagining things!

jenjunsan

Quote:
Nice to know I'm not just imagining things!

Nope, definately not imagining things....that is really strange though!

KJam

I freaked out - noticed that a couple of days ago. I called the 1-800 number and they had all of them in stock that I needed except for ruby red and silver fog. Still in a panic, I got them on eBay.