Pro Product Must Haves...

sarzio

So I'm going on vacation pretty soon and I'll be in an area with a pro store... so I was wondering what you all consider to be items that you "MUST" pick up at the pro store that you can't get at freestanding's or counters... Preferably stuff that is pretty unique to pro stores...

So far I've been thinking about getting mixing medium for pigments, should I get the water based or alcohol based one???

and Canary Yellow

maxcat

Take a look at Hyperreal powder - it's got a gorgeous finish. I like Face and Body foundation an awful lot... I'd recc. the water based mixing medium over the alcohol...
Bitter is a great great shadow - a true "acid" green... fleshpot lipstick is a perfect nude... I also like the glosses for a "wet eye" effect - I use them with lipstick as well (gold looks like a bruise on it's own but is stupid-fun on lipstick)... they also do a mixing medium lash that is a good time with the pigments- but make sure you get the disposable wands otherwise you won't have anything to put your new creations on with!!

moonrevel

There are a lot of really beautiful Pro Pigments you should check out (though a lot are not eye safe so if you don't do non-eye safe stuff, make sure to look over the precautions list before going!), my favorites being Steel Blue, Grape, Deep Blue Green, and Deep Purple.

Probably my favorite Pro product is the Eyeliner Mixing Medium that I like to use to make my own glitter eyeliners out of my Tony and Tina glitters, as well as using it to make nice, long lasting liners with pigments and shadows.

As for the regular Mixing Medium, if you are getting it to use on your eyes, get the water based one, as the alcohol one will not be so fun near the eyes, and is used more for body applications.

makeup_junkie

Grape pigment!!!!!!
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

bellaetoile

water based is much more versatile, as it is eyesafe. alcohol based is not. also, the eyeliner mixing medium is supposedly quite nice. i need to pick it up next time i'm in the area of the pro store.

pro pigments: ruby red, forest green (may be discontinued, but the LA pro store had it last time i was there), grape, emerald green, steel blue, acid orange, rose gold, and many others.

pro shadows: lime, rose, teal, cobalt.

dollbabybex

I adore the pro pencils
smiles.gif

does anyone know where any pics of pro products are?

cos id love to see the blushes and the CCB's

also has any one used the rose FX powder?

also are the lipmix's any good?

i think next time i go in a pro store im gonna be a geek with every potential item id like on a list!
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Water based mixing medium for sure! check out the PRO Cream color bases as well, they have some awesome colors. If you're getting Canary yellow (I have it, I love it) check out the yellow ccb!

sarzio

Yeah I noticed that there were alot of extra ccb's and I've yet to buy one yet so it might be time... what do you think of the paint sticks?

MissMisah

hmm...can someone elaborate on the hyperreal powder & face/body foundation more? i think i maaay want to check those out.... =)

maxcat

Hyperreal powder is a pressed powder with a glint in it - so it sets your makeup without looking matte. It only comes in three shades, light, med. and dark.
Face and body is like a tinted moisturizer - but with more coverage. It gives your face a dewy/poreless look without looking like you've got foundation on - used a lot in film. And it can go anywhere. It's also fairly water resistant.