ProActiv - yay or nay?

Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
When I'm diligent about using it, it works like a dream. But like any product what works for someone else may not work for you.

I agree with you on that too.
smiles.gif

Ambi

Didn't she really use Accutane to get rid of her acne? [I read that from somewhere, can't remember where though, sorry].

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
When I'm diligent about using it, it works like a dream. But like any product what works for someone else may not work for you.

I agree 100%. Also, you need to adjust to your face - what is recommended is not what works for everyone, as it says in the booklet the comes with the product. Some people need to alternate days with the cream, some need it twice a day. Some only need to use the face wash once daily.

I have suffered from problem skin my entire life. Proactiv works very well for me when I use it diligently and customize it to my face.

Pink_minx

Im sry it didnt work for you...I know how you feel about getting excited to try a product for your face and hoping that it works wonders! It took me years to find the right facial cleansers but yes Pro-activ worked 100% on me. I know you will find something that will work great on you! good luck
smiles.gif

oulala

Everything of the proactive line worked miracles for me except the moisturizer. That dried my skin out like crazy and I'll always stick with my dramatiquelly different from clinique. Otherwise, I loooove proactive!

kaliraksha

I just use the facewash and the rest sits there... I'm not a fan of toner and the moistorizer does nothing for my skin so I use something with a little more substance. However, the facewash I <3

dmolinet

I gotta say---spend the extra $$$ on a good dermatologist. It may cost more at first, but you'll throw less crap away at the end.

Even the dermatologists sometimes take a few tries to get it right.

Bootyliciousx

I agree with you it does dry the skin up. It is nothing special. The toner just makes the pimples spread more. The toner burns like hell and the lotion just dries the skin up even more. They really need to change the lotion because most people who have acne or get pimples tend to have either dry or oily skin. They should cater to all, as they say. Also the toner needs to change for people with sensitive skin.

Pushpa

i like my proactive and when i was diligent it worked but my face was crazy dry so i use it now about 1 to 2 times a week and i am cool i still get the odd pimple and whatnot and when i stress out but proactive has worked for me
smiles.gif
...sorry it didn't for you

Luxurious

not all skin producs can be great on everyone or only on you. some things work well on you and on another person not. c'est la vie
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

When this stuff first came out on TV, my Mom ordered it for me...It worked very, very well on my friend Bonnie...She had almost cystic-like acne. I have blackhead problems. I found out we've been to the same Dermatologist (we live in diff. parts of the state..so it was kinda' like...WOW..you've been to Dr. Jacoby too???)...He didn't work for HER...but he worked miracles for my skin. It turns out, Proactive didn't work for me at all and it dried my skin all to hell..took me a LONG time to get it back to it's normal state....I told Dr. Jacoby about my friend using Proactive, and how it worked for her..and he was surprised. He says it's a scam...(then again, a miracle product would cut into his business
graucho.gif
..) Now I go get monthly facials from a wonderful esthetician...they include extractions if needed. That, and realllllly good (Spa quality) facial products have made all the difference in the world to my skin...and I no longer have to use those harsh dermatalogical products (hey..they worked well when I needed them...and for those whose skin doesn't respond to other methods; but now I find facials work the best for me).

As for Jessica Simpson...oh, hell....she'll put her face on ANYTHING...as long as she can plaster it all over the f'ing place!!!!

JunkaLunk

I agree. I was watching some thing on the E channel and they were asking Jessica what she used on her face.... well the answer was something other than proactive.

Shes probably doing those infomercials for the money... well of course.
w00t.gif

Rockell

It didn't work for me but several of my friends love it. It helped me figure out that my skin is sensitive and all the silicones in there broke me out (this shouldn't happen to most people).

I think it's a little over priced, but the active ingredients are good...for most people, this should work.

mac_goddess

i used to suffer from cystic acne and this did nothing for me. Even using it twice a day as suggested did not help.

Everyone is different, I finally ended up going to a Dermatologists office and I've never in my 28 years had skin this clear since I was an infant.
eyelove.gif

I had the really painful cystic acne also! I tried every face cleaner out there and nothing helped me from having huge breakouts. I finally tried Proactiv. It took about 3 months for me to really see results. I'm on my sixth month now and I am afraid to stop. I use it every night and day, I don't ever skip. It dries my skin out bad. I have to use Olay for Dry/Senitive Skin. I will not go back to the face I had before. I live by Proactiv guys..lol