Problem - Foundation And Dry Skin !

PROBLEM- at the end of the day my foundation wares 1/2 way off and my skin looks dry/ flaky !

i use revlon color stay in normal/dry. i have tryed all different moistuzers, primers, etc... but it still happens! im going to try the OCM (oil cleansing method to see if that helps anything). but im desperate to get my makeup to last the work day without spending a fortune!! if all else fails i will try MAC SFF again and see if it lasts any longer but think it causes small pimples on my skin. I like full coverage and long lasting makeup.... any suggestions on makeup or skin solutions to help out ??

Simply Elegant

I use Curel intensive moisturizer. They have a facial version too but Ithink it's the same as the body one in a small tube. It saved my skin last winter and it stopped the flakes in a day. I use MUFE mat velvet and I've never had problems with it not lasting. Make sure you use powder to set. Two sheer layers is better than one thick application too. Applying a tiny bit in layers is more time consuming but at least you don't need to touch up.

girloflowers

make sure you're exfolitating at least twice a week with a gentle exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells, and use a water base moisturiser, and if you can find one, amoisturising primer.

i second the curel- i used the legs one and its amazing, i just wish we could buy it here!

sarahsharkbait

-Now I always use Superdrug vitamin E lotion on my face with a foundation brush on a freshly washed skin and let that sink into my skin for about half an hour prior.

-Then to prevent my foundation from rubbing off and wearing away I use GOSH velvet gel Face primer.. to prewarn you, it is a tad pricey but I do swear by it.

-Now I do one of the other of these methods... Either with a foundation brush or a damp sponge, I apply my foundation in downward strokes, this helps minimise the appearance cake face and dry look on my face.

-Then I top of with some pressed powder, concentrating on my chin, side of the face, forehead and nose.. NOT applying it to the cheeks, so it leaves my face looking dewy and fresh..usually, Matte Finish tend to cake up and make my dry skin look sooooo bad and noticeable.

-The foundation I use:
Collection 2000 SPF15 foundation
GOSH Xceptional wear foundation
2true perfect matte founation- for some reason it works perfectly
Beauty UK are good for coverage and not caking up, however their colour range is a tad pants.
Loreal True Match Liquid foundation

Also I was advised that if you have dry skin to stick to tinted moisturisers and liquid foundation mainly with SPF in there and to avoid mousses, creams and powders... also avoide matte finishes
I hope that this is helped, all of this helped me in the past :)