Problem: mascara wand is completely coated with mascara, brissles not visible

girl507

My entire mascara wand is coated with a thick layer of mascara, the bristles are not visible and when I applied it my eyelashes got clumped together because the brissles were not visible so they could not seperate the lashes. How do I fix this situation? I know this is probably the wrong place to post this, but I didn't know where else.

TISH1124

No but when it starts clumping on the brush that means it is time to get a new one...Normally with mine anyway ... Thats how I can tell when it's time to chunk it

dominichulinda

I know exactly what you mean..it's like overly layered w/ product ..like in a sloppy way lol...hmmm..my only guess is to store your mascara in a cooler location...heat my be up to high or something lol

TISH1124

I have purchased new mascara that was old ...at the CCO...when it starts to clump etc...It is old....I'm sorry,,,But that is just what happens...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clumping Mascara

When you find that you are having to brush the chunks off your lashes or mascara wand this is an indication that it is over or close to 6 months old and needs to get trashed or replaced. Mascara should be renewed every 3 months. Mascara carries bacteria especially when you expose it to air by pushing the wand up and down in the bottle.

This was taken off a cosmetic safety website...and I agree

dominichulinda

this happened to my colossal by cover girl ..the location where I had my makeup stash was too warm..next day location was cool...mascara back to norm. and that was a brand new mascara..unless they sold me an old one :/..but it was back to norm. never got overly sloppy (not dry at all ..just overly wet) I used it until the 3rd month came.

MissResha

if there's too much product on the brush, just slide it over the opening so that you remove some of the excess back into the container. i do this all the time.

stacylynne

That happened to me when I bought Dior show mascara. It was pretty new & that happened to me. I had to say good bye to this mascara

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
if there's too much product on the brush, just slide it over the opening so that you remove some of the excess back into the container. i do this all the time.

I do that a lot when I'm short on time, but then I find that mascara builds up around the rim of the tube and every once in a while you have to get rid of that gross dried up glob of mascara at the top! Yuck.

Maybe there was something wrong with the batch of DiorShow?

widdershins

That happened with my Maybelline Colossal as well. I think the little stopper around the wand popped off. I think I probably could have salvaged it, but it was really messy and I didn't want to deal with it.

amberw

I have had three Maybellline Colossal mascaras that have done this, I guess its some type of defect but if you screw it on again tight and unscrew it usually fixes, or has everytime its done it tome.

JillBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
That happened with my Maybelline Colossal as well. I think the little stopper around the wand popped off. I think I probably could have salvaged it, but it was really messy and I didn't want to deal with it.

the same thing happened to me with that mascara! there was obviously no stopper, and i didn't want to deal with the mess so i tossed it out and bought a new and different mascara. if i had known how easy it was to fix, i would have kept it.

Tashona Helena

omg my Colossal did this too. My DiorShow did this as well though. With the Colossal I was guessing it was the heat cause I used to leave my purse in the car at work. I would tap it hard on the dash and make it settle lol. I dunno if that's safe or w/e.