Problems w/ dispensing MAC Brush Cleanser

MissResha

Hey guys,

So I seriously LOOOOVE MAC's Brush Cleanser.

but there has got to be an easier, less messy and less wasteful way to use it. I try to pour out just a few drops and too much product comes out, then it runs along the sides of the bottle. its just a big mess. i'd love to have some sort of spray nozzle, but i'm not sure where to get one? any suggestions/help would be great!

alka1

I have my brush cleanser in a small spray bottle I got from CVS
smiles.gif
makes it really easy to use. and I made my own cleanser using Enkore's recipe - haven't tried MAC's yet!

MACLovin

I guess putting it in a smaller spray bottle would work, but I actually had a Shikai leave-in conditioner spray from whole foods that was the exact size and shape of the brush cleanser bottle. So when I was done, I just swapped the flip-top with the sprayer.
greengrin.gif

MissResha

OMFG DUHHHHH why didnt i think to just transfer the product to another container!!! i'm slow sometimes, forgive me. great idea! thanks guys!

brassdancer

Mines in a squirt bottle. I spray it on after each use (mostly) so its super convienent and makes me clean them all the time!

MAC_Whore

I have enough duplicate brushes that I can put off cleaning the lot until the end of the week. When I do clean them, I use the MAC brush cleanser and a washcloth. I picked up a ton of white washcloths from Costco just for this purpose, as I didn't want to ruin the good washcloths.

I take the washcloth and fold it into a square (fourths). Then I pour a bit of cleanser on one side of the cloth. I clean brushes on that side of the washcloth until it is too dirty to clean anymore. Then I just unfold and refold the washcloth exposing a new clean square of it. I just keep doing that until I run out of clean washcloth area. The beauty of this is that the cleanser seeps into the other squares of the washcloth, so none is wasted.

I hope that made sense.
smiles.gif

MissResha

^^thats exactly how i was cleaning mine before. but i just felt there was so much product oozing everwhere from the nozzle because its so wide, and it would run down the sides when i would stand it back up. i'm definitely gonna just put it into a spray bottle. i hate wasting even a drop of that stuff because its so awesome.

blindpassion

I found a squirt top from another bottle that works perfectly. So everytime I buy a new mac brush cleanser, I just put the squirt top in there. It sprays an awesome mist
smiles.gif
Not too much, not too little.

blindpassion

Another thing you can do is transfer the brush cleanser to one of those spray bottles you can buy at sallys or walmart.

And just spray it from there
smiles.gif

MissResha

im hitting up walmart this weekend. i cant believe i didnt think of doing that before. i keep alcohol in a tiny bottle to disinfect my makeup...from their lil travel section. i may do the same with fix+ so i can put a pigment in one, i'd hate to ruin the entire bottle.

caramel_geek

I use a small spray bottle that used to be a The Body Shop body spray. I fill half of it with the brush cleanser and fill the other half with bottled drinking water. This way, I'll use less cleanser (as it's diluted), and it's easier to dispense. Just spray it on to the brush. No wastage at all. And it cleans as effectively as the non-diluted one.
greengrin.gif

HTHs!
winks.gif

COBI

I love the pumps like nail techs use and some Sephoras use.

I never thought of changing my MAC brush cleaner to this, but now I will:
11G423QRY3L._SL160_AA160_.jpg

I bought my nail polish remover in one of these containes about two years ago, and I just refill it now. If you haven't seen one, it has holes in the top, and you just push down with your cotton pad or washcloth or whatever you use. It doesn't release a lot, so it seems to make things last so much longer than when I essentially had to pour from the top with regular bottles.

Fun thing is the empty ones seem to be over $6, but I can buy one the cutex nail polish remover in it for about $3. So, being as cheap as I can be sometimes, I will probably just buy another np remover one and clean the heck out of one them to use for the brush cleaner.

DILLIGAF

I got one of those spritz bottles from the travel section at Bed Bath & Beyond. Then switched the top with the one from my MAC brush cleaner. You get a nice light mist and I really don't feel like I'm wasting product.

LMD84

yeah i transfer it into a spray bottle and actually dilute it a little with some water - makes it last longer!
smiles.gif

and like mac whore i am able to keep all mine until the end of the week because i have so many (mac brushes and others!) but that means every sunday i spend a good 45 mins - 1 hour washing them all!
smiles.gif

Leilani78

I had the same problem also until I put mine into a little spray bottle. I also found it easier to dilute the cleaner a bit so I can get a little more product. hehe.

MissResha

ok ya'll, i went to walmart last nite, got my lil bottle yay! i even diluted it and i'm gonna start doing that now, because it still cleans and lasts a bit longer. *high fives* all around!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
I use a small spray bottle that used to be a The Body Shop body spray. I fill half of it with the brush cleanser and fill the other half with bottled drinking water. This way, I'll use less cleanser (as it's diluted), and it's easier to dispense. Just spray it on to the brush. No wastage at all. And it cleans as effectively as the non-diluted one.
greengrin.gif

HTHs!
winks.gif

I should do that when I get my brush cleanser from MAC. I just need a spray bottle which I'm thinking about buying at a japanese dollar store. i will keep that in mind so that I will remember not to fill the spray bottle with the cleanser.

once you clean you brushes with the diluted MAC cleanser, do you have to rinse the brushes? what do you do when you clean your brushes with the MAC cleanser?

MissResha

well for brand new brushes, i always wash them with shampoo a few times. to get rid of any dyes/harsh smells. then once its dry, i always use the brush cleanser to disinfect, and then they're ready to use. thats just what i do though.

Latest posts