Problems with Bobbi Brown's Stonewashed Nudes palette

Lissa

I recently got this palette from Bobbi Brown and decided to use it today. In the palette the colours look very pretty, some shimmery and some matte. Wearing them though was a different story, they barely showed up (and I am very pale), the shimmery ones were not shimmery at all on my lids and even with UDPP were gone in less than 5 hours. I do not have these problems with my Mac shadows. I guess the Bobbi Brown ones are meant to be subtle, are they all like this?

Does anyone else have a problem with Bobbi Brown eyeshadows, or do you love them? I really want to keep the palette, it's so convenient and the brush is good, but I am torn whether it's worth keeping or not (with the exception of espresso, which is LOVE).

Oh, I tried them wet which was much better. But unique or a must have? I'm not sure....

Kuuipo

Try a different eyeshadow base. UDPP makes all my shadows look fainter and dustier. Its like a shadow duller for me instead of a primer. Try a thin layer of cream eyehadow as a base. The cream eyeshadow can even be a copper or gold one which barely peaks out under the eye shadow but adds intensity without creasing.

Lissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Try a different eyeshadow base. UDPP makes all my shadows look fainter and dustier. Its like a shadow duller for me instead of a primer. Try a thin layer of cream eyehadow as a base. The cream eyeshadow can even be a copper or gold one which barely peaks out under the eye shadow but adds intensity without creasing.

Thank youI will give that a try. Do you think a Mac Paint would work? Or is that different because it dries? I have base light, stilife and shimma

glamourgirl216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Thank youI will give that a try. Do you think a Mac Paint would work? Or is that different because it dries? I have base light, stilife and shimma

try using a cream color base on top of the UDPP. I've done this when i am using shadows that don't really show up. i agree that UDPP makes some shadows dusty looking, but i love the fact that it won't ever crease! so i started doing what i mentioned above, and now i have the best of both worlds =)
hope this helps.

Latest posts