Problems with MAC foundation?

VanillaCupcake

I have been reading a lot on MAC foundation, trying to decide on the right foundation to buy. But, from the information that I'm finding, I have noticed that a lot of people experience breakouts from this foundation. I'm just wondering why this is? Does anyone know what the leading cause of this is? is there a certain ingredient in the foundation and can irritate most people's skin? I was really excited to try their foundation, but now I'm kind of scared to try it considering so many people have had problems with them
th_dunno.gif
Do a lot of people experience breakouts, or just a select few?

lilibat

I can use some MAC foundation with no problems personally. Fix compact & fluid are fine, the new SPF15 Mineralize compact is fine. Studio Sculpt I am allergic to, it makes me face burn. Studio Tech and Moistureblend break me out horribly.

Everyone is different so you should get samplkes from MAC of what you want to try and see what works for you.

LMD84

i suffer from breakouts quite easily. and i had been scared to try a mac foundation because of this. however i got a large sample of the new creamy mineral foundation and have been using it for over a week and no breakouts!
smiles.gif

Caderas

i don't break out too easily and both Studio Fix powder and the Mineralized Satinfinish broke me out!
ssad.gif
i think they both are too heavy, consistency wise, for my skin!

i think the foundation makes your skin look good, but the ingriedients are horrific! you could luck out and not have any break outs at all. i would just get some samples first!

ThePowderPuff

I don't get breakouts from MACS foundations, and I tend to be prone to breakouts. But the most important thing you should do is to get some samples to try out before you buy anything. There's no way of telling if a foundation will make you break out. Any foundation can do that, MAC or not.

But get some samples. I have 10 different samples of foundation at the moment, because I can't decide on a foundation

COBI

The only MAC foundation that has caused me to breakout was Studio Sculpt. I used it months apart (new tube each time) and both times, I broke out by the morning of day 3.

Modmom

Just reading those few posts shows how everyone is so different. It really is best to try out a sample before you buy.

I rarely get breakouts and I've never had any kind of reaction to makeup, until I tried Studio Fix liquid. I had the nastiest, most painful cystic bumps on my forehead. I quit using the foundation, let it clear up and gave it another try and it happened again. So I can't use that product. I've never tried any other Mac foundation because now I'm scared to.

Latest posts