Problems with NARS eyeshadows

Hey all.
So, long story short, I bought NARS Silent Night from Sephora a while ago, and I've barely used it. It doesn't get jostled around or dropped often. I've swatched/used it two, maybe three times, and it's already dust and crumbled to nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem with this particular eyeshadow, or NARS eyeshadows in general?

Mabelle

I work at sephora, and we have a problem with them crumbling. I dont think ive seen one of the "night series" crumble in the tester panel...
you should return it.

I would, but a) it's been a couple months and b) I don't have the recepit.
Regardless, I scraped it into a jar and I'll try using it as a loose shadow...It's still just a shame.

dbecker87

I've had the same problem with Nars shadows. They're chalky, so I've given up on buying/using them.

Shadowy Lady

I have slowly become a Nars girl since 2008 and I never had problem with their eyeshadow crumbling. I only buy their duos though so their singles might be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by *maya*
Try pressing it into solid form with alcohol. I am sure there are some tutorials on youtube.

I think I'll give it a shot when I get some free time and school gets out. If it happens again, I might try one more NARS eyeshadow, just to see if it was a bad batch, or if it was just Silent Night.

Nastka

The only one I've had a problem with is Underworld. The dark side is so soft and crumbly, any harder brush makes deep and visible dents. Still a great eyeshadow, though.

ms.marymac

My friend and I both had a Cyprus that crumbled in the same spot. A piece just fell out. The problem is, once that happens, the whole thing eventually falls apart.

MizzMelroseMood

I've read alot of bad reviews about NARS Silent Night, everybody bought it back when Sephora sold it at a crazy discount, weird! I love NARS shadows and never had a prob with them crumbling or being chalky.

mac_aiken

Silent Night was a craptastic shadow to begin with. I am not suprised it has crumbled. My daughter bought it to use when she went to a disco themed party and it was a crumbled mess in about a week. Our local Sephora was great and took it back.