Products look too powdery?

mizvolta

I wear Mac's face and body foundation, and just recently I tried using Mac's mineralize skinfinish in "natural." I'm very happy with the coverage, it looks great. However, up close it looks quite powdery. It's not too bad, but is there any way I can make the powder less noticeable? I have quite dry skin. Should I use a moisturizer beforehand or something?

YuzuBunny

moisturiser can help, but i also like to finish my powder/mineral makeup with a little MAC Fix+, or other water like Evian spray, Avene mineral water, etc.

obscuria

a spritz of water, fix+, or the like generally helps. I spray it on and then gently use a stippling motion with my 109 or similar brush. It helps get rid of the powdery look.

Kragey

Every time I apply powder, I end up looking Hella powdery. My method is to take a clean powder brush and brush it back over my face; it picks up the excess.

Some people love MAC's Fix+, but it makes you look dewy and can border on oily-looking. I want to look matte, just not powdery!

jazmatazz

I agree with spraying water or fix plus to help with that! I was having a similar problem so I got a cheap spray bottle and filled it with water, just make sure it's a kind that will 'mist' and not 'spray'. I also hold it really far away to avoid getting too much at once.

LisaOrestea

The Body Shop do a Vitamin E Spray which I much prefer to Fix +

Like Kragey I prefer matte to dewy which I think is why this product works better for me.

Latest posts