Professional Henna

M.A.C.tastic

I am looking to get into Henna, and was looking online for kits with the premade paste but I didn't find anything good. Either way too expensive or just didn't come with what I needed. Also, some come with this oil and some don't so I am confused if I need this. If anyone else does henna for work or fun please inform me. Also, let me know some site to get stuff. Thanks in advance!!!

SARAHluvsMAC

My family owns the number 1 exported henna company in pakistan and to be honest its not as good as the freshly made cones in the plastic wrapping
you dont need any oil... you could even get the paste and mix it yourself

for specific application questions id ask hennaspirit because she has amazing skills

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
My family owns the number 1 exported henna company in pakistan...

Ah snap! Hook me up! I need new stuff! J/K
lol.gif
I usually order my supplies from a company in Seattle. Do you do mehndi yourself?

MACtastic - Go to Amazon and do a search. There are lots of great books out there. My methods are a combo of a little bit of info from each book and a having mehndi done on me. Being able to watch the artist apply it and ask her questions is a tremendous help.

For design inspiration, I have had friends travelling in India pick me up design books. I also purchased a few books on Indian, Persian and Arabic art patterns from Amazon. Then just look around you for inspiration and have at it!
smiles.gif

Here is the co that I get my supplies from: http://www.earthues.com/henna.html I haven't purchased from them in a while, so I don't know if they sell bulk henna powder anymore. They do have a cute little set you can buy which is a good way to learn.

As far as the formulas: Some come pre-mixed, and then there is dry henna powder. With the dry henna, you mix the brew, add the henna powder and a bit of eucalyptus oil and make the paste yourself. I recommend mixing it yourself over the pre-made.

I pride myself on making the deepest, darkest (sometimes stinkiest while it cooks) brew. I can make some bad-ass dark henna.

Definitely talk to hennaspirit. She is amazingly talented. I am pure amateur!

Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.
smiles.gif

martygreene

I definitely suggest doing some research on this first. Based on the questions you're asking, you need to learn more about henna itself, and the mendhi art, before you start worrying about where to get your henna. As Mac Whore said, there are many books out there on the subject. There is also a lot of information on the out there on the internet. You may also wish to try contacting the women at your local Indian market, or if any of your local high schools or universities have Desi clubs, contact them. Tell them what you want to learn, and why, and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who would be more than happy to teach you.