Prom makeup

KTB

My step daughter has asked me to do her makeup for Prom
thmbup.gif
Her dress is long, halter neck and a bright pink. Very pretty but not sexy or anything really (which is just fine by me
tong.gif
)

Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions of what to put on her. She doesn't wear a lot of make up on a day to day basis so I don't want to go overboard and freak her out. She's about an NC 25, with green eyes and currently light brown hair but is planning to go a honey blond.

TIA
winks.gif

knoxydoll

Burgundy smoky eye. Nothing really on lips except some gloss. Soft highlighted cheeks (say Vanilla pigment)

revinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Burgundy smoky eye. Nothing really on lips except some gloss. Soft highlighted cheeks (say Vanilla pigment)

That would be gorgeous!! Artifact Paint Pot and Embark eyeshadow are both beautiful burgundies.
winks.gif

KTB

Thanks revinn - I'll check out these colours. I can ALWAYS find an excuse to add more to my collection
greengrin.gif

kage

Burgundy would be very hard to do, in my opinion, without a ton of black e/l. It could make her look bruisey. Instead, I would keep it to a champagne wash and pretty bronze e/l, maybe winged, to really bring out her eyes. It won't be harsh, but it will be pretty.

chocodcocoa

I second the natural glowy look with a neutral champagne wash... burgundy *can* look a little too mature.

KTB

I like the champagne suggestion kage. We're going to play this weekend and try some things out. Since she doesn't wear much m/u in general you might be right about the burgundy.

I guess I'll just have to try both
greengrin.gif

kage

smiles.gif
She might end up loving it! Maybe ask her to look through some magazines and show you stuff she likes? That might help as well!

Latest posts