Prominent Eyelids

mermz

I thought I was alone in my misery of not being able to pull off shimmery eye shadows! I love love love eye shadows but I have prominent lids and anything I put on them is too much. I have pretty much put my brushes away and just learned to play with different eye liner looks. My eyes are big (maybe longer..?) and then my lids are big. Oh, and did I mention that i have slightly upturned eyes and hence some eyeliner looks make me look oriental? Not that that's a bad thing, just that I'm not oriental.

Anyways, I've found that if you stick to one matte eye shadow just on the lid, and you perfect a sexy eyeliner shape for your eyes + lots of mascara on the upper lashes, you will look absolutely superb. I tried this at a party recently and I think I'll attach a pic to show an example of. Because my eyes are upturned, I usually put dark eye shadow along the outer part of my lower lash line and pull it out almost straight-ish so my eyes look leveled out. I add just a hint of a lighter shade on the inner corner of my eye lid because I don't want it to look too matte.

tinfoiltrees

I have prominent eyelids too, and I find it kind of depressing that certain eyeshadow looks don't always look as awesome on my lids as they do on smaller ones. However, I don't really stay away from eyeshadow and I love using bright colors. A cat-eye style liner (and I think mine is usually more exaggerated than normal) can make your eyes look more almond-shaped than round and therefore make bright colors easier to pull off. Also, highlighting in the center of the lid seems to create a nice effect, bringing light and attention to your eye itself and not necessarily the lid. What I continue to have trouble with is wearing monochromatic shadows that aren't nude, so I can't do a one-color smokey eye at all without it looking funny (at least in my opinion). I find that using multiple shades of the same color to create a smokey eye (lightest color closest to tear duct, fading into the darkest color in the crease and outer corner) is a good way to solve that.

Latest posts