promotion?

venom__

When working for MAC is there a certain amount of time that you are hired that you can get promoted to more hours.. not full time.. but say part time but from like 18 to 24 hours?? i hope this makes sense.

CaitlinRH7

Yes.

When you're a permanent artist (not freelance, or on call), you have to at least be in your position 6 months before you're eligible for any promotion, regardless of whether it's to full time or just up a few hours. I'm sure your boss may do things a little differently, but thats the rule for our region (South Central...Tulsa, OK)

Hope that helps!!!!!!!
wavey.gif

erine1881

at all locations, you must be in your current position for 6 months, have no write-ups, and meet all qualifications for the open position.

you must also post for the open spot, even (i believe) if it is at your location.

job postings get faxed usually every monday and wednesday (at my location anyways) with the openings and rules for posting.

MAC_Whore

A great resource for questions like this is The Source. Call up MAC HR in NY and request that they send you a copy of The Source. It's a booklet that talks about policy and benefits.
smiles.gif