Prostore order by Telephone?

SnowWhiteQueen

I know that you can't order MAC pro products on the website without a card, but is it true that anyone can order via telephone? Also, is it s U.S based site? I want to know in case shipping to Canada would be throught the roof. Thanks!

coachkitten

Anyone can order pro products over the phone. I believe they ship either out of Tronto or somewhere close to it. I am positive that you car order pro products to US & Canada over the phone.
smiles.gif

noahlowryfan

i'm glad that i don't need to order pro products over the phone. i can just head to my local pro store and buy it from there.

contrabassoon

There's a Pro store downtown in Toronto they don't have everything that's on the website. They don't have things like Cream Colour Bases, Paint Sticks, or Chromecakes, but they do have Glitters, Pro Pigments, as well as Pro eyeshadows.

shootergirlnc

You can't call the pro number and order over the phone without a pro card. You have to give them your pro card # in order for them to let you order. You can call any pro store, and order from them without having a card. That's what I used to do before I got my card.

bebs

I've done both, the pro number and calling the stores themselfs and they've never asked or given me trouble about ordering from them, a sale is still a sale.

triccc

You can order from the 800 number without having a pro card. I definitely don't have one and I have ordered pro pigments before.

Suzyn

From what I've read in different threads here, its a toss-up on whether or not they will let you order from the 800 # w/o a pro card. Many have been able to w/o any hang-ups, some have been told no a few times but still try and manage to make a purchase in the end, and some have had NO luck at all... Wonder what the deal is
hmm.gif

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzyn
From what I've read in different threads here, its a toss-up on whether or not they will let you order from the 800 # w/o a pro card. Many have been able to w/o any hang-ups, some have been told no a few times but still try and manage to make a purchase in the end, and some have had NO luck at all... Wonder what the deal is
hmm.gif

Yeah, they used to always tell me I couldn't because I didn't have a pro card, so I'd call the store in NY. Now that I have a card, I don't even use the 1-800 # now!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootergirlnc
Yeah, they used to always tell me I couldn't because I didn't have a pro card, so I'd call the store in NY. Now that I have a card, I don't even use the 1-800 # now!

So anyone can apply for a pro card, right? Earlier, I read in the MAC website that in order to be a pro member,
"Makeup artists and other creative talent who use make-up as a primary part of their work are eligible for the program."

Make-up Art Cosmetics, Inc. 2007, MAC PRO, http://www.macpro.com/templates/user/enrollment.tmpl (15 May 2007)

Does that mean I can't apply for it?
ssad.gif
I work as a retail assistant.

Thumper

Please, please consider this the final word on ordering Pro product.

By phone: ANYONE can order Pro product through the 1.800.387.6707, ext. 8555 telephone number. This number is the MAC Customer Service Department and is located in Canada. They ship to both the US and Canada.

It's not possible to order Pro product via any other 1.800 telephone number. For example, the telephone number 1.800.866.6464 is the # for the PRO ONLINE (www.macpro.com) service ONLY. You must have a PRO card to order ANY product from them.

Also, ANYONE can order Pro product from a Pro store. No PRO card needed. Pro stores do send sales all the time.

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
So anyone can apply for a pro card, right? Earlier, I read in the MAC website that in order to be a pro member,
"Makeup artists and other creative talent who use make-up as a primary part of their work are eligible for the program."

Make-up Art Cosmetics, Inc. 2007, MAC PRO, http://www.macpro.com/templates/user/enrollment.tmpl (15 May 2007)

Does that mean I can't apply for it?
ssad.gif
I work as a retail assistant.

No, you can't apply for it. There is a place on the Mac Pro website where it has a list of people who may apply for it, ex-makeup artist, nail technicians, hair dressers, etc.

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Will it be cheaper shipping wise if I order from a PRO store nearest me or will it not matter?

Depends on how much you order. The more you spend on the Pro site, the higher the shipping rate goes. The pro stores charge a flat rate for shipping, no matter how much you spend. I can't remember how much it is exactly, though.