Purchasing MAC collection for friend...HELP!

sheaspearl83

My friend absolutely adores my makeup and has since been trying to create looks with various other brands...She is very special and I would like to give her a gift of a new collection...however, I will have to simplify it for her because she does not have the application techniques down as of yet...Please help me choose a 2 shadows, a matte for outer crease and a highlighter, if necessary for each color scheme. She has very beautiful golden skin and all colors seem to work well for her deep brown eyes. NC30
Smokey eye
Purple eye
Green eye
Blue eye
Pink eye
Nude/Light eye

ForgetRegret

This should be bumped up, if for no other reason than the fact that you're a really awesome friend for doing this. ...sooo...as far as recommendations, I'd definitely say Carbon and Vanilla e/s...Vanilla's a wonderful highlight for just about any color scheme, and carbon is great for a smokey look, be it pink, purple, blue, etc.
For pinks, I personally love sushi flower and passionate, blues, I'm in love with a bunch...depending on what kind of blue look you're going for, jewel blue, electric eel, deep truth, tilt, and contrast are my faves.
Purples...hmm...I have so many it's hard to pick just a couple...but sketch is a really great one that's pretty versatile...and parfait amour, satellite dreams, and nocturnelle.
Greens...I usually go for steamy, swimming, and/or humid, and greensmoke.
As for your nude/light one, I'm guessing you mean something for work, where tons of color may not necessarily be appropriate? Maybe espresso, satin taupe, or all that glitters?
Hope that helps a bit...your girl is lucky to have such a good friend.
smiles.gif

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheaspearl83
Smokey eye
Purple eye
Green eye
Blue eye
Pink eye
Nude/Light eye

That's sooo sweet of you!! She is lucky to have such a nice friend
smiles.gif

I am NC30 so I will give you my favourites to create the eye colour schemes above. In addition, I would suggest getting Shroom or Dazzlelight as a brow highlight to use in conjunction with all of the above. Alternatively, Bare Study Paint Pot would double as a brow highlight and primer.

Smokey eye - Carbon, Print
Purple eye - Beautiful Iris, Parfait Amour
Green eye - Juxt, Humid
Blue eye - Steamy, Plumage
Pink eye - All that Glitters, Expensive Pink
Nude eye - Grain, Romp

ladyJ

You are such a great friend!!! I'm also NC30. Here are my suggestions.

Smokey eye- carbon and knight divine
Purple eye- beautiful iris and parfait amour
Green eye- humid and aquavert or swimming
Blue eye- electric eel and deep truth
Pink eye- expensive pink and motif (well this isn't really pink...sorry I don't own many pinks haha)
Nude/Light eye- wedge and all that glitters

Here are a couple of my favorite highlight colors- ricepaper, dazzlelight and shroom

I love neutral/brown eyes so here are some more suggestions: sable, espresso, tempting, and woodwinked

Oh yeah and you def. need satin taupe!

gildedangel

Smokey eye- Carbon and Print (Electra too!)
Purple eye- Crystal and Parfait Amour
Green eye- Humid and Greensmoke
Blue eye- Tilt and Nehru
Pink eye- Swish and Sushi Flower
Nude eye- Jest and Cork
You are a great friend, and I hope that this helps you out!

kittykit

You're so sweet to think of that for her
smiles.gif

Smokey eye - Knight Divine, Carbon
Purple eye - Beautiful Iris, Purple Haze
Green eye - Humid, Aquavert
Blue eye - Freshwater, Tilt
Pink eye - Expensive Pink, Sushi Flower
Nude/Light eye - Sable, Shale

Latest posts