Purple and gold

Cleopatra

Another stinking hot day here today (100 plus) so I decided to do a spot of shopping in an effort to get into shopping centre air conditioning to keep cool. Purchased 2 pairs of shoes and some egyptian cotton sheets as well as 2 books.

I also wore my hair up because it was sooooo hot and stuck a flower in it at the back in an attempt to look presentable.

Face:
Estee Lauder Individualist
MAC Sheer powder

Eyes:
MAC Gingersoft e/s
MAC Gorgeous Gold e/s
MAC Pearl of the Earth e/s
DiorShow mascara

Lips:
MAC Odyessy l/s
MAC Bow Belle l/g

Cheeks:
MAC Rose D'or stick

mactemptationsfotd3.jpg

Catherine^

As a fellow Brisbane dweller I can sympathise with how you're feeling in this heat. We don't have any airconditioning in our house so blowdrying my hair in the morning is a form of self imposed torture that one day might result in heat stroke haha. I am coping with the heat by loitering at shopping centres and seeing movies. I have seen SO MANY MOVIES! hehe. Anyway the makeup looks gorgeous, I really like the soft eye and the lip colour is beautiful! My makeup is just running off my face these days so I'm jealous at how well you've done
winks.gif

Miss Pumpkin

Beautiful!!! I really need to try golds and purples together!

My boyfriend is going to Queensland in a few days, poor him is going to melt in that heat from the sound of it!

Catherine^

It depends where in Queensland he's going. If he's gong to the Gold Coast it would be lovely - it's great beach weather! If he's going North like to Cairns or Townsville then yes, it'll be very tropical
smiles.gif
I'm sure he'll have a great time... I whinge about the heat in summer but QLD really is a lovely place to live
smiles.gif

Cleopatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pumpkin
Beautiful!!! I really need to try golds and purples together!

My boyfriend is going to Queensland in a few days, poor him is going to melt in that heat from the sound of it!

If he's coming from the UK he will find it very warm.

Queensland is nice (well if you are in air conditioning especially in summer) :p

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatra
If he's coming from the UK he will find it very warm.

Queensland is nice (well if you are in air conditioning especially in summer) :p

Nop he lives in Melbourne hehe so he's used to hot weather already I think!! He's going to Gold Coast

I got myself an australian man
graucho.gif

Cleopatra

Quote:
Nop he lives in Melbourne hehe so he's used to hot weather already I think!! He's going to Gold Coast

I got myself an australian man
graucho.gif

Congrats on your Aussie Bloke
winks.gif

I used to live in Melbourne and miss it so much. It's such a great place to live. Great restaurants and fantastic shopping. It used to fly back every couple of months so I could shop at my favourite designer Alannah Hill. Thank god she recently opened a store in Brisbane. I really think Alannah Hill clothes would suit you having seen your FOTD pics.

Oh and by the way Melbourne doesn't get anywhere near as hot as Brisbane.
winks.gif

Miss Pumpkin

Quote:
Miss Pumpkin check ebay.com.au as they have heaps of Alannah Hill items for sale.

You can also check this thread on Vogue which has links to albums with pics of the lovely clothes http://forums.vogue.com.au/showthread.php?t=115386

Here's a small part of my collection http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donoghuej.rm/album?.dir=b6f5&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos I am obsessed with her clothes. Probably 80% of my wardrobe consists of alannah hill

Oh god, If I didn't have enough with my MAC obsession now you're creating me another one, haha! I love her clothes!
eyelove.gif
Thanks for the links
th_worship.gif
Your skirts are to die for!

ballerino

Omigosh cleopatra, i never knew you were a Brisbane girl!!!!!!!!! Wow there is more aussies on here than i knew! Thats great! Im a Gold Coast boy and gosh darnit it is DAMN hot, its gross...i also live in cairns some weeks of the year and im here at the moment for a long and well needed holiday! Its v hot here too, aircons are on full steam! Great makeup btw cleo, u look beautiful! xoxo Damo

Cleopatra

Quote:
Oh god, If I didn't have enough with my MAC obsession now you're creating me another one, haha! I love her clothes!
eyelove.gif
Thanks for the links
th_worship.gif
Your skirts are to die for!

I updated the album to include more of my collection if you want to check it now. I haven't added my most recent purchases. Let me know if you want me to CP any items for you as I would be more than happy to do it
greengrin.gif

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donogh...bum?.dir=/b6f5

x.els.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerino
Omigosh cleopatra, i never knew you were a Brisbane girl!!!!!!!!! Wow there is more aussies on here than i knew! Thats great! Im a Gold Coast boy and gosh darnit it is DAMN hot, its gross...i also live in cairns some weeks of the year and im here at the moment for a long and well needed holiday! Its v hot here too, aircons are on full steam! Great makeup btw cleo, u look beautiful! xoxo Damo

haha the heat on the coast is UNBEARABLE...thank god i work at coles..the airconditioning is great!!

Cleopatra you look STUNNING!! especially seeing as though it must be boiling there aswell!!my make up is running off my face..thank god for aircon
eyelove.gif

love the eyeshadow colour..looks great with your hair!!
lol.gif

Melisanda

I'm really liking this look on you. You look great with some color on your lips.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Another stinking hot day here today (100 plus) so I decided to do a spot of shopping in an effort to get into shopping centre air conditioning to keep cool.

Wanna swap places?
graucho.gif
There's about half a meter of snow everywhere I look and I hate snow.
ssad.gif
I love hot weather -in fact, if everybody complains how unbearably hot it is, the weather is probably just perfect for me
lol.gif

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/donogh...bum?.dir=/b6f5
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
I love your clothes!