Purple-Blue Eyeshadow

Amaranth

Okay, I'm going to try to explain this as best I can, because I have no pictures of what I'm looking for.

I'm searching desperately for a purple that is on the blue side. I have numerous red-purples, but I want something similar to Violet Trance or Parfait Amour. I can't get Violet Trance, and Parfait Amour does not wanna show up on my skin too well for some reason. I'd also prefer for it to be a mid-toned purple, with a lot of pay-off, but maybe I'm asking too much
winks.gif
. I would also like something more blue than Purple Haze, which I have and love. I've been eyeing MUFE #92, but I'm not sure how similar to Purple Haze it is, since I've only ever seen it online.

Let me know if I'm not explaining this well enough, it's hard to explain with no pictures
ssad.gif

nunu

i don't know if i understood you right but did you look at urban decay's eyeshadow in Ransom? Another blue/purpelish es from urban decay is Ransom (similar to thunder es that came out with bluestorm)

iheartangE

UD's Ransom is GORGEOUS!! I have it and it's a really shimmery, intense blue-toned purple. Stunning...I don't know how close it is to MAC's Purple Haze but it's definitely a purple with a heavy blue influence and I love it to death
smiles.gif
Hope that helps you!

foxyqt

MUFE 92 is amazing! it is so much better than Violet Trance and the color payoff/texture is great.. everyone should own Purple #92!!!! yes, its that pretty..

tiramisu

I was going to suggest UD's ransom as my first choice,
or second NARS party monster (santorini would have been my choice but it's d/c :-(

Amaranth

Ooh, those are both awesome. Party Monster looks a bit closer to what I'm looking for, but I've checked out a few pictures of the UD one and they all look different
ssad.gif
. Oh well, I can't get either NARS or UD until the Sephora in Ottawa opens in June anyway, then I can check them out in person. I DO have access to a MUFE, but I think I'll wait and compare #92 to the other two before i make any decisions
winks.gif
. I'd normally just buy them all, but I have a buttload of purples already.

Thanks for the great suggestions, keep 'em coming!

tiramisu

Hey, I just ordered from NARS this weekend and if you enter the code JUMP10you'll get 15% off.
Oh shoot, I don't know about Canadian customers (just realized you're in Ottawa!) but it's worth a try?

shadowaddict

It's funny everyone has put UD's Ransom because that is the first thing I thought of when I read your title. It is amazing. I bought it for my daughter and I tried it and then had to buy myself one. I'm probably a little old (45) for it's brightness but it's such a fun color and makes me feel good when I wear it. I think you'll also fall in love with it.

zucker

i have mystical mist, but i am sorry i cannot see any blue in it
greengrin.gif

i would rec RANSOM too. and i have a stila eyeshadow which is also a little blueish purple, but totaly other looking then ransom, i dont remember the name right now. my makeupdesk is in the bedroom, and my BF is already sleeping
smiles.gif
so i will look at the stila e/s tomorrow and then write the name down here.

have a nice evening all together!

newagetomatoz

Urban Decay used to have a blue-purple eyeshadow called UV-B, but it was DC'ed (not sure how long ago, but withing the past six months I think). You might be able to swap for it on MUA or find it somewhere, like a LJ community.

And I've been in this same search for a while too! I tried Parfait Amour, but I was seeing way too much pink in it.
greengrin.gif
All this talk about Ransom is making me want to pick it up!

Latest posts