purple combinations

amelia.jayde

i usually do parfait amour on the lid and nocturnelle in the crease/outer corner.. but i want to buy a few more purple shadows so i can do more purple looks. anyone have any recommendations?

Kat

satellite dreams and beautiful iris! two of my faves
smiles.gif

saj20052006

Trax, Violet Pigment, Deep Purple Pigment, Grape Pigment, Plum (If still available) Macroviolet Fluidliner.

You may want to try using Purple with Pink and Blues. I love purple also.

..kels*

get violet pigment! it looks great with honestly anything. especially with pinks & blues like saj20052006 suggested. i usually use violet pigment with shimmermoss e/s or teal pigment. it also looks great with pink colours like swish & stars n rockets.
thmbup.gif

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelia.jayde
i usually do parfait amour on the lid and nocturnelle in the crease/outer corner.. but i want to buy a few more purple shadows so i can do more purple looks. anyone have any recommendations?

Parfait Amour and Nocturnelle is my default "most purpley" look to date, but I've just ordered in violet pigment so that may change shortly, lol!

I'd recommend Seedy Pearl - which is a pale pinky-hued pseudo purple with beautiful pearlescence and which makes a GREAT (though fairly noticable) highlight colour with the two purples you've just mentioned. It also doubles up as a pretty lid colour, a "lilacy" combo I do sometimes is s.p. on the lid and parfait amour in the crease, with something plummy like Nocturnelle or Beauty Marked as a liner.

The other colour which will work a dream with your parfait amour and nocturnelle would be Stars and Rockets. P.A is a purple with hot pinky shimmer, and Stars and Rockets is the direct opposite - hot pink with purply/bluish shimmer - and the two work really well together. Stars and Rockets is a completely stunning shadow in its own right, too, and one of the punkier/brigher shades that MAC do.

MAC have lots of other purples - Beauty Marked & Satellite Dreams in addition to the ones already mentioned are particularly beautiful - but if I've recommended Seedy Pearl and Stars 'n Rockets as I think those two work really well with what you've already got and this gives you quite a good wide "range" of purples - that means you've got a dark plum (Nocturnelle), a shimmery lavendar (seedy Pearl), a bright metallic mid purple (Parfait Amour) and a shocking pinky purple (Stars 'n Rockets).

You might also want to look at Idol Eyes, which is a weird and unique little MAC colour - most people (I think including MAC themselves) describe it as a purple, but its got such strong metallic silvery undertones that it's ALMOST silver, really. It's VERY VERY GLITTERY indeed. It works great with other purples.

(MAC site description: "Shade description: Silvered violet threaded with gold (Lustre)")

Parfait Amour was one of the first e/s I ever bought from MAC, and the colours that the MA in the store recommended me to go with it were Seedy Pearl and Beautiful Iris - I don't have beautiful iris, but that's another one to potentially have a look at....

Hope this helps! x

*Luna*

I love pairing purples with a pink like Swish. I like to do Swish, Trax, Nocturnelle and beautymarked =)

~LadyLocks~

Ooh I love me some purples! These are my favs:

Violet p/m, Skecth
heart.gif
, Entremauve p/m, Nocturnelle.

Parfait AmourI have yet to get. It's on my list of colors to get as well as so many more ...*sigh*.

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LadyLocks~
Ooh I love me some purples! These are my favs:

Violet p/m, Skecth
heart.gif
, Entremauve p/m, Nocturnelle.

Parfait AmourI have yet to get. It's on my list of colors to get as well as so many more ...*sigh*.

Parfait Amour is lovely in the pot, but somewhat disappointing on the lid IMHO. If you've other purples you love, you probably don't need PA.

madkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
get violet pigment! it looks great with honestly anything. especially with pinks & blues like saj20052006 suggested. i usually use violet pigment with shimmermoss e/s or teal pigment. it also looks great with pink colours like swish & stars n rockets.
thmbup.gif

ditto I jave violet on today with helium and its LUSH!!!

amelia.jayde

sorry for the late reply, i forgot all about this thread.

thanks, everyone, for the replies. <333

showgirl, i have stars n rockets and have used it with parfait amour before, i have to agree that they look gorgeous together! i also have idol eyes but i haven't thought of anything to do with it, yet.

i haven't been able to buy much makeup recently, but i went to get some balloonacy really late and had my heart set on viz-a-violet and helium, leaving me with very little money left over so i got satellite dreams, because the MA put that on me with viz-a-violet, helium, beauty marked and sketch and i loved it! (i already have sketch and beauty marked)

so anyway, next time i have money i'm definitely gonna get violet pigment, seedy pearl and macroviolet f/l!

eee, i'm gonna have so much fun playing with the purples i have already this weekend. <3 i pretty much forgot all about idol eyes until it was mentioned in this topic.

Bernadette

You should run out and get the Baloonacy quad before it's gone. Don't be intimidated by how bright Violent Trance is, it's very easy to work with and if you use a light hand it's very subtle.

Latest posts