Purple Lipstick

Amaranth

Hello guys and dolls

I just realized that I ALWAYS seem to play up my eyes when I go out on the town, so I've decided I need something crazy for my lips. I've decided that I want something purple, but I want something fairly dark, but I also don't want it to look like I'm wearing black lipstick. I already have High Top from the Fafi collection and I LOVE the purple, but I'd like something a little darker. I've had my eye on the Night Violet Mattene, but I'm so unbelievably pale I'm afraid it will just look black once I get into a semi-dark club. Though I've only seen it online, I haven't checked it out at the store yet. But I'm open to suggestions...

I have C3 (or NC15...sometimes) skin, blue/green eyes, and medium/dark purple hair. I have a bunch of FOTDs posted if you need to see what I look like, though the purple hair is new for me, so I only have like, 2 FOTDs up where my hair is purple. I'm not afraid to go crazy and I'll wear pretty much anything. The only thing is, we have no Sephora (yet, coming in June!) where I live, so it would probably be best to keep the recommendations to either MAC or MUFE. I'm also too cheap to spend like $30 on certain brands, since this is a special occasion sort of colour.

Thanks in advance!

makeba

i tried budding lust (?) lipstick and used a deep purple lip liner and it blended very nice. i think the liner was currant but i could be wrong.

Kuuipo

I forget their product numbers bur Wet and Wild, Jordana and NYX all have a lipstick similar to Vamp, and W&W's is a buck.

MAC_Whore

Super hot combo (all MAC):

Lush n' Lilac cremestick liner
Up the Amp LS
A touch of C-Thru LG on the top

Amaranth

Thanks guys! I'll be checking these out...next time I have time to go shopping. Unfortunately the Chanel and Lancome are out of my price-range, we don't have much NYX where I live, and I'm strongly opposed to W&W lipsticks...I know they're cheap but I've hated every one I've ever owned. But thanks again for the suggestions, and if anyone else has more, they're certainly welcome!

Flammable

I love MAC Rebel l/s - it's a deep pinkish purple though, so not all purple. Satin finish so it stays put.

aziajs

Well...MAC Cyber is super dark purple. I love it. It may be to harsh for you although you could always lighten it with a gloss. Fluid is also a pretty purple.

tiramisu

OMG... I am doing my girlfriend's makeup for her wedding and we discovered a really pretty combo she'll be using that is a soft purple-pink...
Composure mattene with Nico Now l/g ... she's an NW35. This is such a pretty combo!!
heart.gif

kimmy

fuschia fix tlc to prime the lips, line and fill in with magenta l/l topped off with pleasing slimshine or violetta l/s.

odyssey is also a nice lipstick, but it might be a bit too plum as opposed to the purple you're looking for. you could also try supersequin l/s if you have or can find it somewhere, it's a nice purply colour but it's relatively sheer. have you tried all nighter pro longwear lipcolour? it's a really nice purple, and perfect for going out because of its staying power!