Purple Lipstick

Amaranth

I've been searching for the perfect purple lipstick for YEARS. I don't want any of this pink-purple business, I'm looking for something more on the violet side. I have Violetta and Lavender Whip already, and they both look pretty pink on me. Fetish by Illamasqua looks promising, but I can't get it here in Canada. Any suggestions?

kabuki_KILLER

Are you looking for a blue-ish purple, a dark purple, a medium-grey purple, a light lilac?

One suggestion I have when all else fails is to buy materials from TKB and mix your own. I know a lot of purples turn pinkish on me, so I get that irritation as well.

Amaranth

Mid-tone to light, and a bluish-purple like violet. I already have Night Violet, so nothing too dark. I've already thought about mixing my own, but I was hoping there would be something out there in lipstick form already
ssad.gif

FiestyFemme

I don't know if they're the color you're looking for, but OCC has a couple of Lip Tars that are in the purple family.

Amaranth

Hmmm...those OCC lip tars definitely look like they could work
smiles.gif
Very interested!! But I'm in Canada and I'm not sure if I can get them here...

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
Hmmm...those OCC lip tars definitely look like they could work
smiles.gif
Very interested!! But I'm in Canada and I'm not sure if I can get them here...

They do ship to Canada. I've already ordered stuff from them before, their customer service is great!

Amaranth

Ooh, good! Thanks! Now I need to decide which colour I should get...I'm thinkin' Katricia. And maybe some colour to mix with other colours...anyone have any recommendations for another lip tar I should get while I'm at it? Doesn't have to be purple.

downloadstone

Have you tried Morgana Minerals? They have amazing lipsticks, and Shrieking Violet is pretty much a straight violet purple on me
smiles.gif

larababyx

barry m has a lavender lipstick but it isnt the deep purple that you are looking for ! if you have a purple eyeshadow could you use that something to make it into a lipstick ? if that makes sense theres a way of doing it :S x