Purple recs for a brown-eyed girl

CincyFan

I'm pretty new to MAC. I just started buying it a few months ago. I have some nice neutrals and greens (my favs) for my eyes but I'd like to venture into purples. When I've tried them in the past from drugstore lines they've never been pigmented enough and looked horrid on me. So I'm hoping MAC's purples will show up better and look good with my coloring.

I was typed an NW30 but I'm not confident in that. It was a hot day and I was kind of flushed at the counter. I'd love some color combo recs for a purple eye look. TIA!

liquidsirenhoney

i'm the same..but it changes with the seasons, i love violet pigment it's amazing as well as mystical mist...and if you can get a hold of lovely lilly....

kimmy

if you can get your hands on it, get Liesuretime e/s! it's amazing! umm...also try Nocturnelle e/s and maybe Grape or Deep Purple pigments
smiles.gif
HTH!

d_flawless

i have hazel eyes but i love my purples...faves include plum dressing, nocturnelle, stars n rockets, and satellite dreams...moth brown, a brown with a cast of blue-ish purple (from madame b) is great if you can find it

CincyFan

I really appreciate everyone's recs. I was looking at the colors on the MAC site and since the color swatches aren't very accurate, I'd like to know what you all think of this combo.

Digit, Beautiful Iris and Satellite Dreams/Nocturnelle.

Is that too much purple for one look? Do they not work well together? I don't want to look like a purple nightmare.
greengrin.gif

teka

purples...

Hi, I am a NC44 and I love nocturnelle eyeshadow, and deep purple pigment. I use deep purple as an accent color, because it is pretty dark. It is a smoky plum. I also have lovely lily pigment which is a icy lavender!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyFan
I really appreciate everyone's recs. I was looking at the colors on the MAC site and since the color swatches aren't very accurate, I'd like to know what you all think of this combo.

Digit, Beautiful Iris and Satellite Dreams/Nocturnelle.

Is that too much purple for one look? Do they not work well together? I don't want to look like a purple nightmare.
greengrin.gif

OOOhhh! Ruby_soho did an AWESOME FOTD with these colors! I will see if I can find the link for you!
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...tellite+dreams

That being said, my favorite purples are violet and grape pigments, and satellite dreams, trax, and mancatcher eyeshadows.

Off to find the link!
smiles.gif

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
OOOhhh! Ruby_soho did an AWESOME FOTD with these colors! I will see if I can find the link for you!
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...tellite+dreams

That being said, my favorite purples are violet and grape pigments, and satellite dreams, trax, and mancatcher eyeshadows.

Off to find the link!
smiles.gif

Thank you for the link! I really appreciate everyone's advice. You are all so helpful.

I ended up ordering Satellite Dreams, Nocturnelle, Beautiful Iris & Macroviolet f/l. I can't wait to try them out.

Latest posts