Purple recs

me_jelly

I have another makeup rec for a certain dress, yet again, for another wedding (so many this summer!) - it's a darkish purple/plum(kinda coolish in color, but not a blue-violet) chiffon dress.

I'm not too sure what colors to go with for eyes/lips/cheeks. I'm open to purple eyes or other colors.

Please advice an afternoon look (for outdoors) as well as a change of makeup for an evening dinner. Nothing too bold as I don't want to outshine the bride with bright colors.

(Also, I know this should be in the fashion section, but do you guys think that gold, silver or black shoes/clutch will fare better with a darker purple)

TIA!!

MAC is love

I think silver jewlery/shoes would look awesome with the purple. For makeup, I suggest looking into Nocturnelle e/s. It's a gorgeous purple, and I think it would look great in the crease, with Phloof! e/s all over the lids. Or you could try it with Vanilla pigment.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Wear Orchidazzle lipstick.

Just kidding!! I have really been loving Fertile Eyeshadow, that would look great on the crease, with Shroom on the eyelid, similar to what MAC Is Love suggested.

Hilly

I like rose blac on the whole lid and fertile on the whole crease with some nice black eyeliner

Amaranth

IMO, if you want to change make-up between afternoon and evening, you should start with a mid-toned plum colour like Trax. This eyeshadow is a smoky plum with gold shimmer. The good thing about this shade is that it's not overly dark, and is paired very beautifully with golden shadows (so it can be used in the daytime), and can achieve a pretty plum smoky eye effect for a night look. So your afternoon look could be something like Woodwinked all over the lid with some Trax in the crease and Phloof! to highlight. Then for night, you can easily sexify (hehe...not a word, but you get what I mean) the look by spreading the Trax onto the outer corners of the lid (while keeping some Woodwinked in the inner corners), and then add Beauty Marked to the outer V / crease. Macroviolet fluidline for the top lid and Powersurge eye kohl for the bottom lid both look great with this eyeshadow combo. With Trax, I find it easy to make the look as subtle or as dramatic as you want. You'll probably want to keep the lips fairly subtle, plus it'll bring out your eyes, so something light pinkish brown with a slight golden shimmer would be pretty...maybe something like High Tea lipstick with Luminary lipglass over top?

The only this about doing this would be that you'd probably want to use gold jewelry and accessories so as not to clash with the make-up.

Hope this helps, if it's totally not what you had in mind, let me know and I'll see if I can think of anything else.

lvgz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPaws
Wear Orchidazzle lipstick.

Just kidding!! I have really been loving Fertile Eyeshadow, that would look great on the crease, with Shroom on the eyelid, similar to what MAC Is Love suggested.

i just posted an fotd with something like this. :]
fertile e/s is great.. so is entremauve piggie and violet piggie.

me_jelly

Wow, great ideas from the experts, as usual...these color combos have actually gotten me excited and I've been trying them out for going out during the day lol!

This evening, I tried a "cuter/fresher" look - I thought since the purple in the dress is a little darker and less vibrant than I prefer, perhaps I can try makeup that will brighten up the whole look a bit:

I put silver fog piggie on the inner lid and lovely lily piggie on the outter and crease (with no darker crease color) and vanilla piggie to hightlight - I also used blushbaby as well as a tiny bit of breath of plum blush - I used cedar l/l with hug me l/s with a tiny bit of flashmode l/g - the result was actually really good! - except I'd prefer to find a nicer soft pinky lipstick and/or lipgloss (that would sub for the hug me and flashmode)...any recs? TIA!