Puuurrrppple!

Charnelle

I have a few purple e/s from MAC and they're not quite as vibrant as i would like.
I'm looking for a really bright, vibrant violet purple. Any suggestions?
(please keep in mind i live in Calgary, Ab and don't have access to pigments)
Thanks girls!

Shawna

It's not MAC, but do you have a Make up for ever counter near you? It would probably be in a Sears store. Anyhow, they just released some new star powders (which are like pigments) and they have a purple one that is awesome. I wear it almost every day. It goes on sheer, but is easily darkened with a heavier hand. Definitely worth checking out. In fact, all their stuff is pretty darn good. I like it almost as much as MAC, and I love the fact that you can get the star powders without having to travel to the pro store like MAC and their pigments.

alysia

I love Leisuretime(LE/DC from the Belle Azure line) and Lavender Sky (LE DC, from Culturebloom) check out specktra for pigment samples, it's a great way to try out tons
greengrin.gif

Charnelle

lol, i got to page 36 and i could stand it anymore. Theres was pretty much nothing to sell.
I'll check out makeup forever this weekend. I heard thats the makeup they use for the Cirque Du Soleil (sp?). But i also heard it dries your skin out pretty bad. Is that true??
And i can't really go for any LE thank you though.
I might try ebay for some samples.
smiles.gif

aziajs

You could try a sample of Violet and Grape pigments if you get some from ebay.

Do you have a Smashbox counter? They have a crazy purple in an eyeshadow duo called Pin-Up. I love it! There is a lilac/lavendar color and then a REALLY pretty violet. There actually is no MAC purple like it. The closet thing would be Violet pigment but it's brighter. FYI. The pic below looks exactly like the duo in real life.

alysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle
lol, i got to page 36 and i could stand it anymore. Theres was pretty much nothing to sell.
I'll check out makeup forever this weekend. I heard thats the makeup they use for the Cirque Du Soleil (sp?). But i also heard it dries your skin out pretty bad. Is that true??
And i can't really go for any LE thank you though.
I might try ebay for some samples.
smiles.gif

DON'T GO TO EBAY. So many people get scammed, do a search for pigment samples. And I picked up my Iris Print(not the one I recced) and got it for something like... 15$. And I got my Leisuretime for 8$ (though that was a massive steal lol) it's doable, just search
smiles.gif
but please, don't do ebay. It's EVIL. At least for MAC. Sanne has samples of the pigs, ands she's really great (I got some from her) and bocagirl (I think?) is good as well.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnelle

smiles.gif

I have really sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with any mufe stuff. I really love the line and haven't found anything from them I don't like. In fact, I use their super matte loose powder over MAC powder because it doesn't irritate my skin like MAC powder does. Let us know how you make out. The new purple star powder is #954 I believe
smiles.gif

eve62

Make up For ever they have a purple that is the most vibrant high pigmented purple i have ever used. The Dark purple #92, it is a lot more brighter and vibrant than it shows in the pic.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C13402

Its my favorite.

i have the Loreal paris HIP charisma (the pink and purple one, it doesnt come anywhere close, but for the price difference i guess there is a reason).

Charnelle

We don't have a smashbox counter as far as i know.
I'll take a look at Makeup forever. That purple looks really pretty.
And just what i'm looking for.
Thank you a lot girls.
You're a big helps as always!!!
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Try desperately to get your hands on a Shu Uemura ME purple 780 - metallic, bright and impossible to not notice! I believe they may have reformulated it, and you want the older ones not the reforms.

If anyone can tell me they know of a better purple e/s than this one, I'd be surprised!!! It's royalty!