q. re. blacktrack fluideline

ben

my first fluideline purchase was dipdown, i found it very easy to work with and liked the smooth but firm texture. i just purchased blacktrack fluideline and find just the opposite, i find it harder to work with and that it is too creamy. when i dip i end up with too much product on the brush. i do not know if the pot i purchase is just an anomaly or a regular thing......

how do you find blacktrack compares to dipdown (or other fluidlines)?

Janice

Hrmm.. I haven't noticed any difference in the consistency of my fluidlines. I'd be curious if anyone else is experiencing this. If not then maybe you could return it for another (might be just an anomoly?).

absolut_blonde

When I first got Dipdown, I found it to be the same as Blacktrack. Smooth, pigmented, easy to apply.

I've had BT for a lot longer, though, and now it is starting to dry out (annoying, but to be fair, I bought it when it was first released so it has been a long time).

Now if you want to talk about crappy texture and pigmentation, Macroviolet is the one that gets me. Gorgeous colour in the pot, but SO STREAKY on.

Shawna

I haven't had any trouble with any of my fluidlines. They are all smooth and easy to apply even after having them for a long time. My only complaint is that the matte colours seem to be really hard to remove, but other than that, I am in love.

ben

thanks for the feedback, ladies. i think that i'll go back to mac with the liner tomorrow and see if i can exchange it : )

brandi

well i have almost all the fluidlines and nothing ever happened to my fluidline... i asked the MAC MA's about it they said people have returned theirs because it so happened dried out... this happens because the cover was not sealed all the way and i guess some air got to the product... she said to make sure after every use the container is sealed really good... and when using fluidline make sure to use very little because thats all you need...
smiles.gif
I hope this helps!

LadyLaundale

They seem consistent to me, but I do agree about Macroviolet, it does go on quite streaky. I need a few coats. I did dry out my Blitz and Glitz, by leaving it out, got a huge crack in it. But I just added a drop or two of water and smooshed it back together. It was good as new.

gorgeousgirlie

I have noticed differences. I also have blacktrack and it applies really thinly and its so annoying, I have to keep reapplying it to get a noticeable effect. The same happens with Iris eyes too. However I have shade and that is so good. A tiny bit is all I need and it lasts till I take off my makeup.

I guess it depends on where you got it from, the batch and how old it is.

Latest posts