Quality inconsistency across VPs?

llucidity

I dont know if its just me but I found that Gorgeous Gold went on sooooooooooo sheer as compared to other VPs eg Woodwinked. I could pick up a whole load of color with one swipe. Just not with Gorgeous Gold. :confused:

bellaetoile

i've got a love/hate relationship with veluxe pearls. there are some (stars n' rockets, moon's reflection, freshwater, falling star) that i feel give great color payoff, and are super-easy to blend, espeically over bases, and then there are others (gorgeous cold, statellite dreams, knights divine) that aren't as spectacular. i don't have any idea why this is, but it is a bit irritating.

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
i've got a love/hate relationship with veluxe pearls. there are some (stars n' rockets, moon's reflection, freshwater, falling star) that i feel give great color payoff, and are super-easy to blend, espeically over bases, and then there are others (gorgeous cold, statellite dreams, knights divine) that aren't as spectacular. i don't have any idea why this is, but it is a bit irritating.

My stars n' rockets goes on really sheer. Its so hard to get decent colour pay off unless Im applying over a pink base.

My satellite dreams goes on really pigmented and has awesome payoff...

hmm.gif
Strange that there is a difference between the same shades. Maybe I bought a stars n rockets from a dodgy batch...

Kat

I find that my Beautiful Iris is really sheer and a bit chalkier than the other VPs.

ette

Mulch is almost like velvet creme, but others are just chalky and ugh. Mixing medium helps.

Brianne

Woodwinked, Say Yeah, Lucky Green are all so buttery smooth and pigmented, yet shades Goregous Gold, Beautiful Iris and Lavender Sky are a bit more difficult to work with.

bellaetoile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
I hated Leisuretime. It was so sheer. I'm also not a fan of laveder sky.

leisuretime is one of my favorite shades, and i'm not even a big fan of pinks and purples. i guess it just goes to show that there really are inconsistencies among the veluxe pearls.

Ambi

I have no trouble with other VPs but my beloved Knight Divine is a little annoying 'cause it applies unevenly and no matter how much you blendblendblend it looks uneven/blotchy because the texture is too damn smooth/creamy, ick. I'm really pale though, so that's probably why I have no trouble getting colors to show up.