"Queen Latifah glow" - Anyone know how to get it?

Indigowaters

I was just watching Last Holiday and noticed Queen Latifah's skin. Absolutely amazing! It's so glowy. I was wondering, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a glow like that or how to obtain her healthy skin? Mine is a little on the dry side right now and I'm tired of trying out body products only to be disappointed. Any tips?

kat_eye

Try using MAC's Mineral Skinfinish in Natural (Dark/ Deep Dark) followed up w/ the Mineralize Skinfinish Degrade (Brunette) from the BBR collection to highlight.

Hope this helps
specktra_rocks.gif

MAHALO

MAC Mineral Satin Foundation gives that gorgeous glow to my normal/slightly dry skin. Many with oily skin dislike this foundation but IMO you'll love it if your skin is dryish and you want a glow. I allow my moisurizer to sink in for 15 minutes then apply one pump of the foundation with the MAC Brush 187.

ohnna-lee

Exfoliate!!! Hydrate!!! I love having that glow! Also rest the body will not look vibrant if you don't take some R&R.

If my skin looks cakey or dry after my make up then I do either of the following:

Fix +
Evian Brumisateur
Run fingers under a warm tap and gently press to all areas of face and neck to warm make up to skin
MSF which "can" be really glittery
amazed.gif
unless you get the right ones.
For the decollete I use Bliss body buff in Vanilla Bergamot
th_worship.gif
and for extra umpf I use Frost pigment... which of course is DISC now!
angry.gif
In the summer months depending on your skintone you can also use Melon.

Happy buffing and polishing, it takes work being glowy!

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Sorry if I'm not being clear, but I mean her skin not makeup.

Most fake that oh so awesome glow.

What I gave you was scrubs and shimmers or hydrators to help get a look you posted. You don't have to use the pigments or MSF, the scrubbing and hydrating will do that.

As far as body hydrating I use Cetaphil, I forgot that in the last post.

Indigowaters

Ok, so you're saying use the pigment (say...Melon) on the body? I looked up the Bliss Body Buff. I thought you were talking about a puff or something. Looks like I'll be getting that as well. Thanks.
greengrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnna-lee
Most fake that oh so awesome glow.

What I gave you was scrubs and shimmers or hydrators to help get a look you posted. You don't have to use the pigments or MSF, the scrubbing and hydrating will do that.

As far as body hydrating I use Cetaphil, I forgot that in the last post.

spectrolite

The lovely Queen is in a position where she can afford the luxury of a personal chef/dietitian and personal trainer who look after her. Genetics probably play a role in her glow as well. For the rest of us I think that just living as healthy a lifestyle as we can will promote gorgeous skin.

You can try eating more raw veggies, leafy greens, drinking more water, taking skin vitamins, taking Flax Seed oil, eating less red meat, avoiding fatty foods, avoiding soft drinks, getting more regular exercise, oiling your skin nightly with olive/coconut oil, exfoliating, using a rich/hydrating night cream, avoiding alcohol and smoking and the list goes on
smiles.gif

As far as products go, I am using this day cream from Biotherm called Hydra-Detox Detoxifying Cream and my skin is brighter and more radiant than it has ever been. Not sure if it's available in the States as I did not see it on the website.

1QTPie

Try making a facial mask using Turmeric. Google Turmeric and skin and you can get plenty of recipes. I just use it mixed with honey and lemon. (and a little water.)

marikat

Drink a ton of water daily vitamin C as well, and don't forget to moisturize. As for the body glow you can try Nivea shimmer lotions they give me that glow and keep me from looking dry.

MissResha

the other ladies gave great tips for a natural glow, but any glow is usually achieved using makeup.

a REALLY good pigment to use for a glow or bronzer would be Mega Rich. its effing GORGEOUS. lightly, and i mean lightly lol, dust it onto your highlight areas. its so damn pretty. i get compliments on it all the time. "oh wow your skin looks so radiant". mega-rich pigment baby!