Question about Authentic 15-Pan Palettes...please help!

sharkbytes

Hey everyone!

I've been looking into buying some 15-pan eyeshadow palettes, and I had a quick question for those of you who have bought yours directly from MAC. I've been looking on ebay, since there isn't a freestanding or pro store close to me, and I've noticed that some of the palettes are plain black with just the MAC logo centered on them. The others look almost exactly the same, but with the words "pro color palette" printed at the bottom center, right near where you'd open it. Am I being paranoid here, or is one type fake? I have no idea if MAC changed the style or something, and I tried looking on the pro website with no luck.

Thanks!

Odette

I haven't bought any palettes for the past few months but none of the ones that I own have "pro color palette" written on them.
They just have the mac logo centered on them in a grayish colour with period between the "M and A" and the "A and C". There is also a larger silver gray dot by the opening clasp again, centered on the lid.

The only other writing is molded into the plastic on the inside by the hinge on the lid and it says, "Indonesia" in capital letters. It is about a centimeter in length and 3 millimeters in height, it too is centered.

Hope this helps.

sharkbytes

^^Thanks so much Odette! Knowing that MAC actually makes the ones with just the MAC logo on them makes my search 10x easier! I'll just avoid the others
smiles.gif
Thanks again!!!

HeavenLeiBlu

Only the box that the palette is enclosed in has "Pro Color Palette" written on it... are you sure you aren't looking at pics of the box?

I wasn't even aware that fake EMPTY palettes existed. Can anyone verify that?
I sold a few on ebay and was asked about the authenticity and I honestly was taken aback.

Shaquille

when you go to eBay, make sure you ask for extra pictures.
The palette itself only has MAC written in the middle of it, and when you open the palette, there's also INDONESIA written on top of the 15-wells.
Good luck!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Only the box that the palette is enclosed in has "Pro Color Palette" written on it... are you sure you aren't looking at pics of the box?

I wasn't even aware that fake EMPTY palettes existed. Can anyone verify that?
I sold a few on ebay and was asked about the authenticity and I honestly was taken aback.

Apart from the fact that I would be very angry at supporting someone selling counterfeit products, I don't think there would be much of a safety issue in a palette that's not genuine. Cheapie palettes that fit MAC shadows already exist.

I also doubt that counterfeiters would make them ... if they do, I have never seen one pop up.