question about bobbi brown shimmerbrick (with pics)

ptamelissa

I recently got the shimmerbrick from my CCO.. I love the way it looks on my face but in pictures, it just looks like I have super greasy skin the way the light reflects.. Is this because I am tan and maybe need a darker shade? it might look like Im imagining things, but in some pics from that night, it looks really bad. Keep in mind the first pic Im posting (with the shimmerbrick) was taken about 45 minutes after I did my makeup.. The second one was taken after I did makeup for a fashion show and that was the afterparty, so we are talking 5-6 hours.. If I had greasy skin, it would show more in the second pic

with shimmerbrick

009.jpg

without

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d4...DSC00790-1.jpg

Dreamergirl3

Thanks for asking this question. Im having a hard time applying any type of illuminating or highlighting product and having it not look oily either, and I am also on the tan side. I was thinking putting a reg. powder on top to lessen the shine? Any help is appreciated, thank u!

SARAHluvsMAC

you dont look greasy to me, but in general anything that has shimmer in conjunction with a flash is going to reflect, which is why you feel you look shiny

ptamelissa

thanks!! I hate to be neurotic, but I definately think in this picture I look greasy...

010.jpg

Is that just what is going to happen whenever I have a shimmer and use a flash or would using a different one make a difference?

IheartCosmetics

Ok, in the last picture you do look a tad greasy. If it looks okay in person though, I wouldn't worry about it. Or if you know pictures are going to be taken, skip it.

Simply Elegant

It happens with everyone no matter if you haver porcelain or tan skin.

I would just keep it a bit further away from your t-zone. Just avoid that area and the cheek area right by it and I think it'll look better.

ptamelissa

Thanks, Ill try all these tips.. I have friends who bring out cameras all the time, so skipping it is not an option. Im going to have to play with it until I can get it not looking so bad in pics

courters

From the pictures, I think that if you just put it on your cheeks, it would look better with the flash. That way it would just look "glowy" (like celebs) and not greasy. Since people usually get the greasiest on the T-zone, whenever we see shininess there, we automatically think grease. But having glowy cheeks is really popular right now, so just some shine on cheeks won't evoke the same greasy feeling.

I also like the idea of using a duo-fiber brush (from someone up above). If you don't have one yet and only want it for this one product, Kohls makes one for $6.

XsMom21

I sometimes have this problem with Revlon Skinlights. I agree that if you stay away from the T-Zone it would look a lot better in pics. Try to use a matte blush in a similar tone for the nose and other places you like to touch with color. I have round pronounced cheeks like you do, and I know how harsh a camera can be on those round beauties. I use "perfection powder" by Southern Magnolia Minerals. It works great at evening out the difference between blush, bronzers and illuminators. It's not so much a like a mineral viel as it is a rice powder, but it has the features of both... Make any sense? If you're interested, I can send you the link to their site. I ONLY use their minerals now.