question about fluidlines.....

samila18

I hope this is in the right place - I'm sorry if it isn't! - I was wondering if any contact lens wearers use fluidlines on the waterline?? and if they have any problems.. I did it only once and ended up with fluidline on my contact lens! trying to figure out if there's a technique because I see so many people using it.. I know it's not recommended for that use, but I know there are some out there that do it!! thanks in advance my lovelies!

joytheobscure

I had this problem, I dont' use it on my waterline anymore, maybe put your lens in after you put your fluidline on. I can't put my contacts in after I do my eyes, it just doesnt' work for me.

scentofevil

i can't do this either, my eyes are so crappy that i wouldn't be able to see what i was doing
ssad.gif
i also can't wear glittery shadows on my lower lashlines unless i apply very very carefully because the glitter will get under my contacts and hurt like a b*tch
ssad.gif
i had to swap knight divine away b/c of this

samila18

hhm.. okay I was hoping it wasn't just me! of course, it sucks for all of us
ssad.gif
but thanks for your help, I appreciate it!
greengrin.gif

mspixieears

I think the matte fluidlines are apparently ok for waterline, though don't quote me on that! But do take care of your eyes too, infections that can occur as a result of using non-eye safe products on the waterline etc. sound dreadful.
ssad.gif

Bummer about the contacts though.

samila18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I think the matte fluidlines are apparently ok for waterline, though don't quote me on that! But do take care of your eyes too, infections that can occur as a result of using non-eye safe products on the waterline etc. sound dreadful.
ssad.gif

oh trust me I do take care of my eyes.. you only get two!
winks.gif
after the scare with the contact lens solution a few weeks ago I've been sooooo meticulous.. I just thought that the fluidlines would be perfect for the waterline and I only got the idea from other members.. but it doesn't seem to work for me, so I shall give up!
ssad.gif
but thank you!

lovalotz

That happened to be too!
If you want to play it safe..try to avoid your waterline. When I accedentally drew on my waterline, the fluidliner edged around my contact. It was pretty scary!

samila18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovalotz
That happened to be too!
If you want to play it safe..try to avoid your waterline. When I accedentally drew on my waterline, the fluidliner edged around my contact. It was pretty scary!

yes, that is exactly what happened to me!! I had pulled my lower lid down to make it easier to apply and I guess I didn't realize that I had gotten a little bit on the inside of my lid - I'm not totally used to the consistency of fluidlines yet.. it sucks
ssad.gif
using pencils is okay for me, though.. I wanted it to work so bad!
weeping.gif

Ziya

Quote:
Originally Posted by samila18
I hope this is in the right place - I'm sorry if it isn't! - I was wondering if any contact lens wearers use fluidlines on the waterline?? and if they have any problems.. I did it only once and ended up with fluidline on my contact lens! trying to figure out if there's a technique because I see so many people using it.. I know it's not recommended for that use, but I know there are some out there that do it!! thanks in advance my lovelies!

OHHHH DARLING! This is the bane of my existence every single day! I use fluidline on my waterline religiously coz nothing stays like it! I know i know its not eye safe...
I haven't figured out a foolproof method just yet but pulling out my lower lid, using a lil bit at a time, and lettiing it dry b4 letting my lid go really helps..
its a lot harder when you tightline your top lashline..I usually use my lashes to lift my lid and apply with my 210 really carefully.
If you do get a smudge on your contact, best thing to do is take it out asap with CLEAN hands and rinse it off rubbing well with solution and fingers..if you leave the smudge it starts hurting soo bad for me at least..like you can't ignore it! haha hope that helps hun Ill let you know if I figure something else out!
greengrin.gif

OfficerJenny

What happens is the fluidline isn't completely dry before you let it rest against your eye again. What I do is just apply it, and then hold my waterline out from my eyeball for a few seconds, until the liner is 100% dry, otherwise it will gather in my contact. :c

widdershins

Oh this has happened to me, too! I thought I could salvage the contact but the fluidline was permanent once it came into contact with the contact (ha!). I'm way too intimidated to try it again....

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
ssad.gif

no fluidline is safe for the waterline, whether its matte or shimmer.
nope.gif

Latest posts