question about gel tips

junealexandra

5 weeks ago I went for white gel tips which turned out great. Now my real nails are growing underneath and it looks yucky and kinda yellowed. I'm guessing that's not normal... how do I fix it? The top still looks nice, it's just the inside where the real nails are growing in. Thanks for any advice.

NatalieMT

I have perm. french gels too, had them for almost a year now, I think the problem with you is you're waiting too long to get them backfilled. I get mine every 3 weeks and really even that is pushing it sometimes. If you're going 5 weeks it's only natural you're getting a lot of regrowth and it's always going to start looking yellow against the harsh white. The white gel can discolour really easily anyways aswell. So that might be part of it.

A tip to stop the discolouration a little is to apply clear top coat to the gels and change it every 3 or 4 days. Keeps the white looking fresher for longer.

I'd suggest ringing your salon and going in for a backfill. That's really the only solution in my mind.

BEA2LS

i used to go every two weeks, which is why i do not get them done anymore. :
shrugs.gif
: i guess i figured i should do it right or not at all?

Chikky

Agreed. I work in a salon and most people come every 2 weeks; the rest every 3. Some people come in for a refresher in between, especially if they come in every 3 weeks (unless they are super high maintenance and do SOMEthing once a week). Here, this is called a Buff and Seal and is just done as an inbetween.

But really, two-three weeks is the time length you should go, ideally.

Latest posts