Question about MAC Brill e/s

summerblue

As I've only been following MAC for less than 3 years now, I'm not up on past collections & repromotes. I believe Brill was originally & only released in a quad, however, I see all over the swap sites & Ebay this being sold/swapped in a singular pot form. Can anyone tell me if Brill e/s was ever repromoted? If so, when? I did pm an Ebay seller for the date code & was given a 2009 date. Since I don't think it ever was repromoted, I'm afraid to swap for this assuming that many of the items available may have been purchased on Ebay. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if UD's new Aquarius e/s is the same color as Brill? Is Brill similar to Shu Uemura ME500?

TIA!

sosdrielle

I haven't been into MAC for that long either, so I just checked Temptalia's MAC database and she has brill listed as being released with a holiday palette in 2004 and with Madame B. in 2005 as a single. So 2009 is looking kinda dubious!

summerblue

sosdrielle, many thanks for the database reference!!! It just came in handy for a swap -- but, of course, it only led me to having to start another question thread for Meadowland e/s. lol!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosdrielle
I haven't been into MAC for that long either, so I just checked Temptalia's MAC database and she has brill listed as being released with a holiday palette in 2004 and with Madame B. in 2005 as a single. So 2009 is looking kinda dubious!

brill did come out with the 2004 holiday sets, but was never in the madame b collection.

it use to be a perm shadow until it was dc'd.

but i agree, brill never came out in2009.

StarrySim

I have a Brill A79 (Satin) pot. It's a light icy blue, sort of like Fashion but lighter. I know for sure it's authentic, it was included in the charity bags at a recent Estee Lauder/MAC warehouse sale in Toronto. Mine is now depotted, but I can take a pic of the colour and the label if anyone wants. It's 100% authentic, unless Estee Lauder buys their stock off ebay :p

euphrosyne_rose

I had Brill in pot form when I first got into MAC around 2003. I think I got it around maybe 2004 at the latest. It was d/c'd before 2009 b/c when mine shattered and pulverized into a million pieces, I tried to get a new one and found it was no longer available. That was middle of last year. It was a very pale seafoam green with the tiniest hint of blue to it.

StarrySim

Maybe they made a batch and for some reason it never hit shelves and instead made it to warehouse sales and CCO's?